new here

erica

Feb 10, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
My name is Erica and 11 days ago I received my wonderful baby boy Watson. He is a great dog. I have never had a bulldog before so a lot of stuff is new to me so any tips or suggestions anyone has for me would be greatly appreciated. The bond that Watson and I have already is awesome. He's a very good dog. We’re struggling now with a biting issue but I am persistent with telling him No to try and break the habit early. I am glad I found this forum. There are so many things I had no idea about before. Very excited to be a part of the forum!!:D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Erica and Waton too! You have found the right place to get help,advice and make some friends too! Yes..biting and puppies are surely consistent! Just stay firm..redirect with other chew toys..and be consistent with him. He will outgrow it but it seems like forever! My poor Dena Dawg had chewed up ears, dog tags and her collar too!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome...you are blessed to join here, all you need to learn AND great people! :2thumbs:

Watson is so cute, I'm on my 1st bully, Brutus...ain't bullies wonderful! :angelheart:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hello Erica and :welcome3: to EBN glad you and Watson joined ... Watson looks so cute but looking forward to seeing lots more pictures :)

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Welcome to EBN! :smileywelcome: Yes, little Watson is going through sharkpuppy phase. Depending on how old he is, he may be teething and will need lots of things that he can chew on. Be careful what you give him though, as bulldog jaws are very powerful even when that young. Nylabones are awesome for this! Try putting one in the freezer and letting it get very cold, then give it to Watson. The cold can help his gums if they are hurting from teething.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Erica, there is nothing like a bully but they can be a challenge at first. That Sharkpuppy stage is probably the worse thing to get thru. Keep at it and eventually he will realize you arent a chew toy. Shouldnt take more that a few years... LOL.. just kidding. What every you have questions on there is probably an article here to help.... but if you dont find it just ask. We all love to help other bully paw rents. Enjoy the site and I hope you will become a regular here... Thanx for joining. :)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Hi Erica and Watson! Welcome! Watson is soooo handsome! As for the puppy biting- as someone who had so many teeth punctures that I leaked when I drank, welcome to bulldog puppyhood! There are a ton of threads on here about this stage! Some bullies go through it quicker than others. Mine is 16 weeks old and we are starting to see some great improvement, but on other days he is a furry jaws!! The best advice is be firm, consistent, and find what works for you! Spend some time searching these threads. If I didn't find a solution to the problem, I did find that this behavior is normal for a bulldog and it will go away before you do!! Hopefully you don't have skin babies in the house during this trying time! We are here if you need us!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! More pics please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: So glad you found us!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Watson is absolutely beautiful.... love his sweet face!

Welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online