Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: foster pup

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: foster pup

Welcome! Your foster baby is too cute! My baby Fergus doesnt eat his poop but he does leave little piles of in the house and is not embarrassed about it at all .

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

His nose will get blacker with time. Most bulldogs noses turn completely black, but ours still has a pink spot even after 2 1/2 years. He should keep some of the spots around his nose, though, but no guarantees!

Good heavens he is a cutie! That puppy energy can be hard to handle and hard to redirect. He will go through phases, but if you want to keep him as a part of your family there isn't anything that the people here can't help you get through.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, my name is Monica and I have 2 EB siblings, they are almost a year old, and their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. I had to switch my guys food 4 times before I found a food that both of them tolerated. We went from Royal Canin from the breeder to Go Natural, but it turned out the food was too good, so too rich for their systems, they got soft serve poops, and it turns out that Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, and sensitive to grains, and maybe corn? After they were on the Go, Dozer started to eat his poops, and the vet said it was because the food was too rich, and maybe going right through him, so he wasn't digesting it properly, and because it had so many fruits in it, it made it tasty to him. YUK. Lol, I switched them back to the Royal Canin, because they did well on it, I just knew it wasn't the best food, then I researched some more, and switched to Fromms Puppy Gold, and Dozer was okay on this, and stopped eating his poops, Whew, but Blossom being allergic to chicken didn't tolerate it, so we switched to the Fromms Beef Frittata, when they were 7 months old. Both have been on this food for 5 months and are doing extremely well on it, regular, firm but soft poops, and No reactions for Blossom. The other thing is that maybe he needs to go out in the middle of the night , when I was potty training my guys, I had them on a schedule of every hour in the beginning, then every two hours, and then increased the time every week or so, so they would learn to hold, their last walk in the evening was at 11 or 11:30pm, and their first walk was at 6:00 am, so the time between the evening to the morning was too long to hold. I would set my cell phone alarm for 2 am, and take them out, and then my regular alarm clock for 6 am to go out in the morning. I only had to do this until they were 5 months old, and then they were fully trained and able to hold all night, and could hold 5 or 6 hours during the day. It is a little tiring having to wake up in the middle of the night, but just like a baby it is a temporary thing and only lasted for 5 months for us. I also heard the same thing about the pineapple in the food to make the poops taste bad to the dog, but have no experience with this, but always worth a try to see if it works for you. Good luck , and I hope Henry stops eating poop burgers soon. Lol. Keep us posted on how he's doing and if you find something that works.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I had a young pup that did this once too. I don't think it was so much that they were hiding their poop and Pee, but more that they did not want it in their crate. Once the accidents quit happening so did the poop and P eating. This one also drank his pee so don't feel bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon did the same thing, if you just add pumpkin to it he will stop, for some reason when it passes through them it makes the poop no longer appetizing.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. We are hoping our OEM warms up to him because we would love for Henry to be a part of our family. She is not too fond of him atm, I think mainly because he is so hyper and it freaks her out. She is more accustomed to polite, well mannered older dogs and Henry is definitely none of that, lol! Here are a couple more pictures of him.
    Attachment 36941Attachment 36942
    His nose cracks me up! Do you think it will turn all black in time, or is he going to keep those spots? I don't know much about this breed. I am learning every day. All I know is, he is a real fire cracker! Full of energy, so polar opposite our mastiff

He is precious! Thank you for fostering him! The poo eating can be a number of reasons, but I would start with making sure he gets a potty break at night... puppies can only hold it for 1 hour more than months they are old. So, if he is 3 months old.. he can hold for four hours. Some say this is only true for the bladder, but I would try it for poo too and see if it eliminates the issue
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Annie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Well, I got up in the middle of the night to let him out. He had no poop to eat in the morning But, I spent over an hour playing with him in the middle of the night and didn't get all my sleep. I was pooped! at work! LOL! I think we will keep this schedule and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the advice. I also picked up a can of real pumpkin on my way home and will add a bit to his food to see how that goes.

Bike riding, bully loving soldier Become a 4 Paw Member PapaSmurf2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!!! There's a lot of great people here and a lot of great information.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that have died (in battle). Rather we should thank God that such men have lived.

George S. Patton

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I can't advise on the eating, but wanted to say Henry is a cutie! Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads