Meet Evelyn Doreen, the Queen of Everything

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: to EBN!! So glad you joined us.

Maybe you need to come up with a totally different routine for bedtime? Bullies often are creatures of habit to the point of OCD! Perhaps give her something else to focus on?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome Shari. I must say, I have major avatar envy. That's the BEST one yet. Truly. I love upside down floppy faces.

It's going to take her some time to adjust, I would guess. I don't know what else you could do. I'm interested to see what others have done.

I can imagine Cesar just saying, "Everyone grieves on their own way in their own time." And leaving it at that. I suppose lots of fun activities and walks so she's good and tired at bedtime....so she'll settle in easier?

OP
Shari

Shari

Jan 27, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Evelyn Doreen
Sorry I ignored all these messages yesterday--a kid home with fever and coughing and then a husband who came home at midday with a fever. Yuck.

I so appreciate the welcomes, ideas about bedtime and adjustments, and about the loss of our boy Dakota. We never have enough time with our dogs, and in our case it certainly was true. Dakota left us unexpectedly. I knew he was ill, but it came on suddenly and we were off to the vet. He'd begun an internal bleed and based on his cancer history and largely Golden genes, the vet's opinion (which I agreed with) was likely hemangio of the spleen. After a cancer journey with Dakota (not OSA though he did lose a leg to it), I began hating cancer with a passion. Hemangio is the dirtiest player of them all with its sudden, sneak attacks. I tell people that Dakota heard about the rainbow bridge and dashed off to see what it was all about, and he ran so fast we couldn't stop him. Of course, that would mean he has all 4 legs again.

I am going to try to post a couple of pictures below. We shall see...If I am successful, there should be a baby picture of Evelyn with her youngest kid and then one of Evelyn and Dakota snuggling. Sort of.

Ev1.jpg D&E.jpg

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Welcome to EBN! Your family sounds lovely. And your bulldog sounds like she has the picked the right people for her.

We are so sorry to hear about the loss of Dokota. I really hope every one heals as quickly as possible. I had a thought, maybe Evelyn is cold without a cuddle buddie to keep her warm at night. Maybe you could try a heated bed or we have ones that don't use electricity and reflects the body heat back.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:welcome3: to EBN, Shari. This is a wonderful site with great people.

Very sorry to read about your loss. Losing a pet is never easy... :hug:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
A bulldog dating service!! bahahahahah!! you will fit in perfect!! Arnold likes pina coladas and walking in the rain. he also likes his women with a little meat so this would be a perfect match, lol!!

Welcome to EBN!!!!!!