Worried about my rescue EB!

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Welcome to a wonderful world of being loved on like you never have before....EBs are so fun to have around and ALWAYS want loves and affection. You're in a great place to get information...there's more here than anywhere else I've been. If you have a question use the search tool for immediate information. There's a ton of stuff there. Lots of love, hugs, and a good diet are the basic necessities for a happy EB. Some of the material things he should have are stainless steel bowels, LOTS of chew toys, a bed to call his own, and a year supply of baby wipes lol. Things to do.... Make sure you clean the folds on his face, his tail dock, ears, and eyes. I do Gracie's every night and it's a good time to bond. After you clean them, make sure they're dry. EBs are very temperature sensitive. Try to keep him out of excessive heat and/or cold (except for potty times. They love to drink. Make sure there's always water down. They have very sensitive bellies and little changes in routine can upset them. If he has potty issues it's probably just the stress of moving, but keep an eye on it. The foods that are recommended here are awesome. So are the recipes. I forgo the store bought food and make my own kibble from the recipe in the recipe forum. ABOVE ALL ELSE!!!! Keep reading, reading, reading, then read some more. If you have questions ask them. We will be more than happy to help you out as much as we can. Once again, you are embarking on a wonderful journey of love and loyalty. Enjoy it. :)

:welcome3:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there and first welcome to EBN. Just keep rambling, it's all good. We can get you going in the right direction with Brock. Read the articles that [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] posted and please please ask any question you have. Bullies are a wonderful breed but htey are quite different than most others out there.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@DanaSueBull...Bless you for opening up your heart and home to this great breed of dog.

Bullies are incredibly emotional dogs, very loving (they want to be loved AND give love)
goofy and very quirky (you'll find out, lol). A grain free (sometimes potato free) is often
required, chicken is a common allergen too. Stainless steel or glass bowls (they react to
plastic & rubber) and daily fresh water changed 2 x daily, filtered or distilled preferably.

No toys or bowls they can easily swallow and they are INDOOR dogs, cannot tolerate temps
over 75* especially if high humidity for short time (15-20 minutes and in shade). I've read the
leading cause of death in bullies is from over heating...wouldn't doubt it.

Give lots of love & attention, they ARE companion dogs and generally want to be with you.

This is a great site, wonderful, caring, sharing members...you're in great hands, WELCOME!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:welcome3: Welcome! I've had my first bulldog--a rescue--for about a week. It's a little daunting, isn't it? I'm still finding new wrinkles to clean and learning her personality. We can get through this with the help of the members of this forum. Congrats on your new bully!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.