Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the family, Nismo.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nismo
    Likes (Received)

Default New to the family, Nismo.

I recently picked up a 1yr old male bully from a owner giving her up. He was going to be in a kennel 12+hrs each day so now he is with us. I grew up around a bully with my aunt owning one, but actually having one myself is a whole new game haha.

I have a couple starter questions too. What is everyones opinions on changing a dogs name for his new home? Prev owner called him bert, i want him to be named nismo.

Also, i have fed him 2 diff kinds of rawhides. A "live" pork bone. Also a combo rawhide from petsmart. Both he enjoyed very much. Then enjoyed putting them back on my floor from his stomach. The live one was true vomit. The other was a foamy mess, maybe even a mix of rawhide and slobber. Common? Switch bone types?
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165253-448653-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165266-963314-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165278-101308-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165294-016262-jpg

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to the family, Nismo.

No rawhides at all they can choke to death or he can get an obstruction from them, which can be very costly alone deadly I have been using either deer or elk,antlerlove them and they last forever welcome by the way and your bullie is adorabull

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

glad you joined us new mommy!!

Yep raw hides are very dangerous and they can easily choke or swallow it whole

Antlers are a great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Dogs live in the moment. Associate treats with saying "Nismo" and he'll move right on to the new name, pronto.

Thank you for adopting, by the way.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!!

I agree!! NO RAWHIDES!! They are so dangerous. : no:

I work for a rescue and when we get a bully in we have sometimes changed their names. Or when they get adopted their new parents change it. It's never been a problem!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

You should be able to change his name easily. We didn't change Gracie's when we got her but we call her all sorts of things and she comes (when she wants to) to all of them. It's more about tone of voice and like @Vicaroo1000 said incentive

We learned Early on that no rawhides, or greenies or any of that sort of bone was a good idea. Way too many bullies end up with obstruction from those sorts of things too. Get him some BIG nylabones or similar hard rubber toys that he can chew on but not swallow. That will help keep his teeth clean too.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah rawhide s r very dangerous. Only thing my pups chew r nylabones and antlers. Name change sent a problem, figure rescues ave to make up names all the time. They will come to whatever you call them really. Welcome to the EBN family!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Largekid View Post
    I recently picked up a 1yr old male bully from a owner giving her up. He was going to be in a kennel 12+hrs each day so now he is with us. I grew up around a bully with my aunt owning one, but actually having one myself is a whole new game haha.

I have a couple starter questions too. What is everyones opinions on changing a dogs name for his new home? Prev owner called him bert, i want him to be named nismo.

Also, i have fed him 2 diff kinds of rawhides. A "live" pork bone. Also a combo rawhide from petsmart. Both he enjoyed very much. Then enjoyed putting them back on my floor from his stomach. The live one was true vomit. The other was a foamy mess, maybe even a mix of rawhide and slobber. Common? Switch bone types?
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165253-448653-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165266-963314-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165278-101308-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359165294-016262-jpg
    I have a question. Is the redness or pinkish color around his chin is that normal? or?

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and your bully is a handsome boy. Plus as others have said, no rawhides, pig ears or anything like that. Just Nylabones, Kongs and Elk antlers, are good chew choices. Oh and changing his name is no problem. Several of mine have several names and they know all of them and will come to any of them.
    Last edited by Davidh; 01-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN, he is a cutie.

you can change his name and he will soon get used to it like others have said.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well hello there and to ebn. your baby is a cutie and yes its ok to change the name. sarahs is sometimes red around the mouth. if it doesnt get worse of nothing else comes up it is probably ok. could be some allergies so just keep an eye on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads