New to the family, Nismo.

OP
L

Largekid

Jan 22, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Nismo
Thanks everyone! He has been a great dog so far besides a couple hiccups. To be expected in a new home with new faces. His redness I have been concerned with as well, gonna switch diet since he is almost outta food and see if it helps at all.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks everyone! He has been a great dog so far besides a couple hiccups. To be expected in a new home with new faces. His redness I have been concerned with as well, gonna switch diet since he is almost outta food and see if it helps at all.

Welcome to EBN...so glad you joined us...there is great information here so check out the different
articles. Have you had a bully before or researched much on them? I, too, am concerned about his
face redness, most likely an allergy or sensitivity to either food or environmental causes. Most bullies
need a GRAIN FREE food and a SINGLE source of protein. A great quality food may cost more BUT it
is concentrated so takes less quantity to feed, they poop less out because they digest more instead of
it just passing thru them. You save on Vet bills because they stay healthy! Please check out the list of
best rated foods here, many Bullies do great on Fromm Beef Fritta, can be ordered thru the link here
to PetsFlow but there are others too. Many bullies are allergic to Pork, Chicken & sometimes Turkey.

Ask anything and good luck!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN! Nismo is gorgeous and while it's sad that the previous owner gave him up it's good to know he was looking out for the best interest of his bully. By all means change his name and do it now. Every time you say his new name pet him and touch him and when he makes eye contact with you say it then too.

Stay away from the rawhide!!! If you have any please please throw them out. Not only are they dangerous for regular dogs, they're more dangerous for bullies due to their mouth structure. I fished many out of my pitty's mouth as he'd get a piece chewed off and then it would get stuck like cement to the top of his mouth partially down his throat. Also, stay away from Bully Sticks. They're just as bad.

He's just gorgeous!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: I am so late in welcoming you! As everyone said..names don't matter to them..he will adapt easily! My hubby is famous for bringing home stray dawgs and they have all been well on in years. We've never known their names and just picked ones that fit..all did fine!

As far as the food..don't wait until you run all the way out to start switching. You need to do a slow transition otherwise he will have trouble with his tummy and his :poo: Do it over 10-14 days..gradually increasing the new while decreasing the old. And I would stay away from any food with chicken as the protein..lots of Bully's have problems with chicken. Good Luck and so happy you found Nismo...and us!

[MENTION=7928]Largekid[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.