Hi everyone, I'm Gleason

dadbag

Jan 23, 2013
Pasadena
Bulldog(s) Names
Gleason
I'm young, I'm male, and I'm a bully in a china shop (or so my dad likes to say). Ok, so I'm a little clumsy and occasionally I race around and bump into things. What do you want from me, I'm a bulldog! But believe me, sleeping or resting my head on dad's foot or leg or just any 'ol thing, is much preferred! I was found wandering the streets of Los Angeles, not fun at all! I'm not sure how old I am but I think I'm around two. Thanks to some smart, caring people I was rescued and given a new life, new home and plenty of beds. Oh, and much better food! Now, if I can just find a way to stop tinkling in my bed late at night and learn to obey dad's very simple commands (I don't need no stinkin' commands!) my new life will be complete. Good thing those pesky squirrels run a lot faster than me! I'm tired, gotta rest. Later, homies!
20121001_090430.jpg
Once I get in the car I refuse to budge.
20121016_092204.jpg
Is that a treat in your hand?
20121105_140829.jpg
C'mon, let's go!
20121231_121735.jpg
Zzzzzzz

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Gleason!! Welcome you beautiful Bully! I just wanna give that gorgeous face of yours a BIG, WET :muah2:

Thanks for giving him a good home. He's too cute.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: to EBN ... Gleason is so gorgeous. I :heart: those pics of his tongue sticking out!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am belly laughing here...love your introduction and Gleason...awesome character!

May you be blessed mightily for giving him a loving & caring home, thank you, my friend.

I rehomed Brutus just 6 months ago, think he's 4-5 y/o, just passed around thru several
owners BUT I'm the last one!

With him and so many other bullies, if there is ANY fabric they lay on to sleep, they pee.

It's sounds mean but I leave nothing but the plastic tray in his crate and I turn that over
to the smooth side or he rubs his bum raw against the pebbled side. He sleeps with me
and just last week, pee'd the bed (I'd just washed ALL the linens that very day
:cursing:), he's
not done that in months, guess he'd got the linens bunched up beneath him.

Welcome to EBN and keep those great pics coming!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your bully is very handsome. So happy you found him before something bad happened. So enjoy the site and we will be looking forward in seeing more pics of him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is a beauty!! Thank you for adopting him and giving him the life he deserves.

Welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Congratulations on finding Gleason. I think he actually looks like Jackie Gleason in the first picture. Good luck!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Gleason! you're a cutie and I'm so glad you were rescued from those dangerous LA streets. Enjoy living the good life with your dad and tell him to be patient with you.
Be a good boy!

OP
D

dadbag

Jan 23, 2013
Pasadena
Bulldog(s) Names
Gleason
Thanks, everyone! Gleason is indeed a cutie but he isn’t my first bulldog. In fact, I didn’t want another one after I lost Tootsie (see below) to cancer. Very difficult to deal with the loss of our bullies as I’m sure most of you know.

A month after Tootsie passed I visited a local rescue to ask about becoming a foster parent in what I thought was a brave attempt to console myself (almost impossible) by helping other dogs in need. The woman in charge of the rescue showed a couple of her bullies, very sweet and lovable, and tried to convince me to adopt one but it was just too soon for me. That is, until she said, “Oh, but I have this other bulldog…” From around the corner trots Gleason who immediately rested his big head on my knee and promptly fell asleep! As soon as I saw Gleason I thought, as corny as it sounds, that Tootsie was looking out for me and was urging that I arrange to adopt him. I didn’t need any urging, of course, and even felt a little guilty but there was no denying it – I loved that Gleason! Actually, his rescuer was calling him Angus but I changed it because he reminded me of Jackie Gleason. Yes, I’m over 50. Gleason is the opposite of Tootsie in every way except for the universal qualities that distinguish all bulldogs – lovable nature, peculiar interest in people, occasional silliness, unique companionship and couch hog. I’m glad Gleason is so different from Tootsie. Otherwise, I couldn’t have adopted so soon.

I think of Tootsie every day but am blessed to have Gleason around me every day. He’s as much stubborn and defiant as he is playful and protective, all of which I like. But I’m a little concerned about keeping his weight in check. He’s very fit now but I can see that I’ll need to manage his food intake for the rest of his life. Anyone tried a good, high quality food for weight management?

Happy to be here and looking forward to reading all about the other bullies in attendance. More pics to come!
Terry

IMAG0536.jpg
4-0BC62831-559830-800.jpg
Tootsie

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What a beautiful bully and a beautiful story on how you came to meet Gleason! He is such a cutie and very photogenic. Welcome to EBN, Terry!

:smileywelcome:

PS: Take a peek at our Food and Nutrition section for more info on the weight management foods.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Gleason! Your one handsome fella.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.