intro

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
I have had a bulldog since about June. He is approx 2 now. came to me as a rescue after his previous owner asked our family vet to put him down after he got in an altercation with a show hog.

He is very sweet, although sort of skiddish. He won't go near a guitar and flinches if you raise your arm over your head. When he came to us, several of his teeth were chipped or missing. He also had a mass under his belly which the vet removed for free.

I have some concerns about his health. His hair is very wiry and is impossible to get out of clothes and furniture. We've been treating it with vitamins. Additionally, even after months of feeding him at least twice what he should have a day, he is still very skinny! He needs his glands expressed about once a week.

I kind of think he might not be a purebred bulldog. He certainly has respiratory issues, but he is very small and skinny. His coloring is also . . . spotty? His face is brindled, but the rest of him is white with some spots? I'll attach a picture.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome, don't see a picture yet but I am sure someone can help. Glad you joined us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Glad you saved your boy. Hopefully we can help get him healthy.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome! Wow, it sounds like he is fortunate to have been found by you. ;) salmon oil might help with the hair a bit? What r you feeding? I am sure you can get plenty of help there as well. Can't wait to see pics.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: so glad you joined us, I'm anxiously awaiting your photo post. In the post area is a tool bar at the top of the box. third one in from the left, put your cursor over the picture frame and it will say insert picture, click on that and it will direct you to your computer files, pick or select , and upload . that's it

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The flinching when an arm is raised speaks volumes as to how I suspect he was treated. I'm sure with some TLC you will be amazed at his transformation. I'm so happy he has a good home now. Will be waiting for his picture.

OP
T

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
kyles.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor guy, it sounds like he must have been abused by his former owner, and it's good that you came into his life, hopefully you can get his health back through good quality food, and some supplements, plus your care and TLC. Hopefully in your care he can have a better life. What pisses me off is how someone can have a dog, keep it for 2 years, abuse it while he has it, and then when it's not the cute little puppy anymore, just drop him off at the vets and say put him down like he's worth nothing and not a living creature that deserves to be treated right and loved. I don't understand how people buy a dog or any animal, when they don't intend to make that animal a part of their family, and know that when they have this animal in their life it is a commitment for the life of the dog, whether its 8, 10, 12 or more years, these little beings come into our life, and are dependent on us for everything, and they deserve to be cared for and loved, and if people aren't intending to do that, then they shouldn't own a dog. Thank goodness for people like you who give these poor abandoned animals the second chance they deserve. Good job

M

mabel lou

he is a handsome boy for sure, not knowing the history of his past only opens the doors slowly for you to slowly gain his trust. My rescue had more issues imaginable and time helped with her adjustment and today she still has some issues but she knows she is sooooooo loved and that makes me smile knowing this. I am sure time will help him and you :)

OP
T

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
He's come a long way since he came to us. still jumpy, but a very sweet little boy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awwww, thank you so much for giving him a good & loving home.

He will come around even more as time goes on, sounds like he had it pretty bad.

My Brutus too, have had him since July and he's finally settling in, trusting me, etc.

His coat (and his self) was in very bad shape, I had great success w/a kibble called
Avoderm, they have 4-5 GRAIN FREE flavors, his coat is amazing now. It filled in the
bald areas, sparse hair, cleared up sores, stopped his constant scratching, eye boogers
& farting! It's in Petsco & Petsmart and reasonably priced.

Salmon Oil drizziled lightly over his kibble will also help that dryness.

What are you currantly feeding him?

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Congrats on saving that sweet looking boy. Is it Kyle? He looks all bulldog in the photo. I think he will improve with patience and love.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Glad you found us and Im sure we can help you with some of his problems. I'd love to see more pix of the cutsie little guy :D OK, maybe that isnt an exact description but he sure is handsome. :D........... Enjoy the site!!

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
He looks all bulldog to me, and a super cute one at that! I would have to agree with others above, it sounds like he was treated pretty badly, and abused to be scared of a raised arm. Bless you for taking him in, and loving him. Good food, love, and patience will show his true colors and love for you soon! Welcome to EBN, look forward to hearing more about your journey

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online