I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Planning on getting a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf2 View Post
    Sometimes it felt as if the breeder was checking us out to so if we were good enough for her puppy.
    Yes, that's what a good breeder does. I would also not wan't a puppy from a breeder who doesn't wan't to know where their pups are going....

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

I have just purchased 3 females, that was rescued from a backyard breeder, they are so overbred, no kind human touch, no name, abused. And I only imagine the health issues their puppies will have. In fact, they themselves had puppy mill mothers. My heart breaks and I just want to scream at the people that purchase from a backyard breeder and they think they are getting a GREAT deal, all at the expense of these poor sweet things. And some of these people say, I seen the parents of the puppy. I am sorry, but they seen the ones the breeder wants them to see. There is no way, the breeder would have shown my sweet Annie to the buyers, because of the abused her poor little body shows. They are kept in crates all the time. Imagine spending your life, 4-7 years in a crate. Pushing your own waste around to try and care for your babies. My poor Annie did not know what to do with toys, treats.
    But oh, the love and joy these rescue babies give.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck finding the right pup!! Just realize that many health problems are not apparent initially, i.e. allergies, etc. There needs to be some trust between you and the breeder that you are buying a healthy pup with options available if not. Not that one could ever return a pup after 10 months of bonding but maybe the breeder might assist you financially with certain genetic problems. For example, Arnold's breeder who I still contact, stated at the time of purchase ( I flinch at the word, so how about exchange of skin parent) that if he was diagnosed with a genetic problem, cardiac or dysplasia, she would give me money toward correction. I am in contact with both Arnolds and Bertha BAcons breeders and consider them friends and mentors. That should be available to you. so its more than about money, its about relationships as well

I'm a good girl, I promise

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

It looks like you got all the advice you need, I too agree with everyone else. Pay the extra up front to get a well bred puppy and you will save in the end on vet bills. Same goes with food, feed good food, less issues and vet bills. That being said, to EBN, we hope you enjoy the site and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask, everyone is here to help out.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

YES.... buy the BEST quality that you can afford. The better the quality, the better health and better a long life of your bully.

Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello! You received great adivce... I just wanted to welcome you to EBN and wish you the best of luck in your search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads