Our Big Squishy Bulldog Miracle

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Hi all. As some may know, we are proud bully parents to our sweet Penelope Rosebud who is now almost 10 months old. Just like all you bully parents out there, I am kind of obsessed with all things bully and read and view all I can find.

Last week I was moved by an ad I saw for a bulldog up for adoption. The ad said he was a month older than Penelope, and as we viewed the photos, he looked so much like Penelope, especially his baby photos, and it broke our hearts to see that this beautiful boy needed a home. I could also sense from the ad that something tragic had happened to his family and it was not that he was unloved or unwanted. I contacted the owner, we exchanged a few messages and then photos. After she noted the remarkable resemblance she went back and checked his papers, and sure enough - Same Litter!

Well we went to meet him the next day and instantly we were all in love with each other. I swear these two pups recognized each other and rejoiced at seeing each other. He came home with us the next evening. It has been absolutely amazing to watch these two beautiful pups with each other. They so completely love each other and it seems like there has been no transition period at all. It feels like he has always been with us.

So, please meet our handsome boy, Bulldozer Bawss. Bawss was his original name, however his owners did not speak english at home and so he didn't respond to his name when we used it. Hubby decided he would be our Dozer. I was not sure I could possible love another dog as much as our sweet Penny Rose, but I am sooooo in love with our Bulldozer. He is a big, squishy gentleman. Jan20 071.jpgDozer comes home 100.jpgIMG707-1.jpgIMG690.jpg

Yes I know - he's wearing a pink harness but we haven't had a chance to work on his wardrobe yet :) And I pray he still loves us after his poor, little furry boys go under the knife tomorrow.

It's true! It's true! The only thing better than a bulldog is more bulldogs.

L

Lucy-licious

OMG what a heartwarming tale. Obviously it was fate and you were meant to find him :love:

they look so happy together x

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww your guys are beautiful, they look so cute together. What were the odds of getting an adoption from the same litter? It was meant to be. I also have litter mates a brother and sister, and they are also 10 mos. and I also have a Bulldozer, my male , and his sister is called Blossom. Enjoy your babies. Everyone should have more than one.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
How awesome!! Every time I see bully's that could be Ruckus's twin I always wonder if they're litter mates. We adopted Ruckus from a military family that had to move without him, but I do know they got him from a breeder in PA.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
they recognize each other, at least I believe so. My litter recognizes their litter mates, when they come to visit

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
What a wonderful thing. :) Thank you for adopting, and how amazing that they are brother and sister!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a heartwarming story. That's awesome that you were able to find him. It's such a great thing that two litter mates have found each other and are know living their lives together. Totally awesome.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hi all. As some may know, we are proud bully parents to our sweet Penelope Rosebud who is now almost 10 months old. Just like all you bully parents out there, I am kind of obsessed with all things bully and read and view all I can find.

Last week I was moved by an ad I saw for a bulldog up for adoption. The ad said he was a month older than Penelope, and as we viewed the photos, he looked so much like Penelope, especially his baby photos, and it broke our hearts to see that this beautiful boy needed a home. I could also sense from the ad that something tragic had happened to his family and it was not that he was unloved or unwanted. I contacted the owner, we exchanged a few messages and then photos. After she noted the remarkable resemblance she went back and checked his papers, and sure enough - Same Litter!

Well we went to meet him the next day and instantly we were all in love with each other. I swear these two pups recognized each other and rejoiced at seeing each other. He came home with us the next evening. It has been absolutely amazing to watch these two beautiful pups with each other. They so completely love each other and it seems like there has been no transition period at all. It feels like he has always been with us.

So, please meet our handsome boy, Bulldozer Bawss. Bawss was his original name, however his owners did not speak english at home and so he didn't respond to his name when we used it. Hubby decided he would be our Dozer. I was not sure I could possible love another dog as much as our sweet Penny Rose, but I am sooooo in love with our Bulldozer. He is a big, squishy gentleman.View attachment 35554View attachment 35555View attachment 35556View attachment 35557

Yes I know - he's wearing a pink harness but we haven't had a chance to work on his wardrobe yet :) And I pray he still loves us after his poor, little furry boys go under the knife tomorrow.

It's true! It's true! The only thing better than a bulldog is more bulldogs.

Such a small world? Wonderful story and congratulations to all of you :2thumbs:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
What a great story! what are the odds you would find a real sibling from the same litter! He is so cute!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a fantastic story... so happy for all of you and I absolutely love the picture in your signature --- they are both beautiful!

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION], [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], [MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION], [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], @TracyT, [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - Thank you everyone! We really do feel like the blessed ones finding him, although I think he would say he also feels like he has found his happy, forever home.

[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] I was especially intrigued by what you said as I would bet my life on them having known and recognized each other. It brought me to tears to see how overjoyed they were at the sight of each other.

We'd planned on looking for a second bulldog in the Spring, but life doesn't always go as you plan, right? I mean, we probably should have named him Tank, in honor of the hot water tank we'd planned on replacing this month :)

He is a special and gentle soul. Sadly, his first dad was killed in a car accident. And the last couple months he has spent a minimum of 9 hours alone each day. He is so happy to not be alone. He has not spent one minute alone since we brought him home. He has been out to the park and the forest and the river and off-leash. He might just be learning english, but he understands he is loved.

It will be a challenge to keep him calm in the next week as he goes in tomorrow morning to be neutered. At least he doesn't understand what neutered means..

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Congratulations what a great story so glad he is home with you!!! They look so great together :)

Members online

No members online now.