Our Big Squishy Bulldog Miracle

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Thanks [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION]! He does not seem to be missing his old home, although I am forever grateful to his first family as he was obviousle loved very much.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I just love the picture of the two of them sleeping on the bed. How neat that you found Penelope's littermate. How come he was being adopted out at 10 months old? Was he still at the breeder's or did someone else have him. Doesn't really matter though, he has you now!!! :luv:

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4197]Bruno and Gidget[/MENTION] It really is an amazingly beautiful kinda love! If only my boy-kids would love each other like the puppies do!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
This is a great Thread. One I won't soon forget. Thank YOU

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks @mendomamma, [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION], [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] The photo really spoke to me, and hubby really insisted they must be related. We are in the greater Vancouver area so not a small town, but almost all the bulldogs seem to be on Kijiji as there is not a local Bulldog Rescue.

Maybe God is a Bulldog???

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
How precious is that!! I'm glad you can across him and now brother and sister can snuggle and be best buds. He's a handsome boy!

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
What a fantastic story... so happy for all of you and I absolutely love the picture in your signature --- they are both beautiful!
Thank you! They are beautiful, aren't they? It's not just me??? ha ha Soon I will have a photo lovely as yours as it has certainly been one adorable pose after another with these two. Loving every moment.

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] soon I will have photos to rival your own! They are just so darn cute together and constantly striking a pose. Bliss...

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
I just love the picture of the two of them sleeping on the bed. How neat that you found Penelope's littermate. How come he was being adopted out at 10 months old? Was he still at the breeder's or did someone else have him. Doesn't really matter though, he has you now!!! :luv:

Hi [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]! A sad story with a happy ending for Bulldozer. His first daddy was killed in a car accident. His mama kept him for a while, and I'm sure she needed him and he was some comfort for her. But for the last couple months he has been all alone for a minimum of 9 hours a day and she had no car, and was also in the process of looking for a new rental home. All considered, she made the very brave decision to find him a good home. She loved him very much and is apparent in his character. He is a real gentle soul and full of love. He doesn't understand english yet but he understands love. I know he is happy with us, and especially with his sister and he is so very excited for every outing. We've taken him to the park and the forest and the river and he loves everywhere. We all just love him so much. I hope he still loves us as much tomorrow after he goes to get neutered :(

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
How precious is that!! I'm glad you can across him and now brother and sister can snuggle and be best buds. He's a handsome boy!

Oh [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] it's not just me then??? Of course I think he's the most handsome fellow in the world. So adorabull in all his little imperfections. His back feet are a little pigeon toed and his front feet are completely easty-westy. I love it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What an amazing story, I really am a believer in fate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I cried happy tears for everyone, thank you for sharing this with us.

How brave his Mama was to love him enough to give him up & find a great
home for him...and a recent widow (like me)...I will pray for her.

They are beautiful...Congratulations!

Since Brutus (my adopted rehome) is so playful, I am looking for another rehome
or rescue too. He tries to play w/my cat, CoCo, but she gets to freaked by his
enthusiasm, lol

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
It is truly a beautiful happy/sad story. Congratulations in finding your Dozer. I got Amy as a re-home at 4 months. We could literally tell the day she realized and accepted that she would be staying with us. It took about 4 months. I am glad Dozer is already comfortable. Hope his neutering went okay.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Love, love, love this story!! Amazing too! Keep us updated with lots of pics!! Congratulations!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Congrats!

It's been said that there are no "coincidences" in this world. True in this case for sure!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.