New to website

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
New member wanting to tell everyone hi!

I have a question, im sure it has been asked I just havent had time to look through all the post. Bought our first bulldog friday and i was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips. It has only been five days but we have noticed that our bulldog really doesnt like to go outside. We will take him out and he immediately trys to run to he door even with a leash on. He is 13 weeks old and we are trying to crate train him but it seems like he is using the crate has a bahroom during the night and not going outside. Again thanks for the help.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. I moved your thread over here where you will probably get better response. Im not much help on raising puppies but we have the very best here that Im sure will give you sage advice. We all would love to see some pix of your baby bully and I hope you find the site useful. Join right in and ask away as the questions arise. With the number of members here there is always someone that can help or direct you to where you can find it. Thanx again for joining.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
You could try a clicker and treats. Give a treat as he follows you for clicking. Bully's are pretty stubborn, and my two hate going out when it's raining or windy or too chilly for them lol.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Treats, treats, treats! lol. I only gave Vegas treats when he was a pup when he went out to go potty, he soon got the hang of every time he went potty outside he got a treat,

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:welcome3: to EBN glad you joined! Looking forward to seeing pictures of Beaux.

As far as potty training goes, my best advice is to set a potty schedule and be very consistent once Beaux goes potty outside give lots of praise and a yummy treat ... with puppies it's all about training, patience and consistency ... dogs in general do very good when the have a set schedule and a purpose, a job so to speak, that way they know what to expect and are ready to get things done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs! As others have suggested -- treats, treats and treats.... small treats are fine just give them a reward for potty outside.

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Treats, treats, treats! lol. I only gave Vegas treats when he was a pup when he went out to go potty, he soon got the hang of every time he went potty outside he got a treat,

What kind of treats do you use?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What kind of treats do you use?
Well back then I was not a member of this site and I used Pepperoni NOT a good treat, but it worked, since then I have learned so much from this site and Now only give healthy treats, frozen green beans, baby carrots, all kinds of fruits like apple, blueberries, melons, strawberries etc..The ONLY time back then (Vegas is almost 4) that he got a treat is when he went potty outside, he caught on fast.

He would actually "pretend" potty, he went to the back door, I would let him out and 2 seconds later he was back in, expecting a treat, I caught on fast to that one, lol.

Last edited:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
WELCOME!!!!!!! Potty schedule!!!!!! Once I learned Lolas potty signs and then it becomes easier! Also I got up with Lola every two hours when I first got her then once she showed she could handle that I moved to three hours and so on. Hope this helps!

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
New member wanting to tell everyone hi!

I have a question, im sure it has been asked I just havent had time to look through all the post. Bought our first bulldog friday and i was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips. It has only been five days but we have noticed that our bulldog really doesnt like to go outside. We will take him out and he immediately trys to run to he door even with a leash on. He is 13 weeks old and we are trying to crate train him but it seems like he is using the crate has a bahroom during the night and not going outside. Again thanks for the help.

Hi our pup is 15 weeks now. The Schedule for potty training really helps. For your crate make sure you aren't giving him to much room. make sure you are getting up with him in the night to take him out. With Ike and it may just be my bully, but he being so young and small it seemed that he didn't much care for the big yard. Almost like it was overwhelming. he would go just out to the grass from out patio and come back as soon as he pee'd. now he loves it outside, he is always tracking the fence line looking for stuff and exploring, trying to find anything he can to make me go there and get it out of his mouth. then on to the next thing...He also did this in the house at first. staying very close to the living room, then as he got more comfortable would start exploring further and further out.

Anyways I hope this might help a little bit, I am by no means an expert just sharing what I have learned with mine so far... GL and Enjoy, Bully pups are the best!

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Thank you all for the replys, he is getting better, it just really seemed that he would only go in his crate but were catching his " i gotta go" signs

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=7837]bcarro45[/MENTION] I agree with everyone else......treats treats treats. Also limit the amount of space in his crate so it only fits him. If there is enough room for him to do his business in there and not have to lay in it he will. If it continues for awhile remove all the bedding from the crate. I know it sounds very mean and cruel but it could also be the fabric/texture setting him off.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.