Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hera and Samantha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hera
    Likes (Received)

Talking Hera and Samantha

Hello!!

My name is Samantha and I have a 4month old english bulldog named Hera. She is my fatty girl and I love her to death! This is my first time having this breed and a female dog. Hera is a little stubborn of course and very active and loves the outdoors. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

I do have a question that I need help with.
    Hera has been sleeping in my bed with my husband and I since we got her. The last two nights however she has pee'd in my bed. I am not happy about this and didn't scold her, but told her no and put her outside. I do let her out before bed and two or three times during the night. I don't know if its a dominance thing or what but I don't like it. She gets along with the kids and nothing is different. She also pee's and poops in her crate and pee's on her dog pillow in the house. Please help me =)

Thank you
    Samantha and Hera

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hera and Samantha

Ok..here goes..I am not the eexpert here..but this is what I would do.i would assume she is not totally housebroken. I would not let her sleep on the bed and back in the crate for her. Start all over. Act like she is new..take her out on a regular basis. I would put her on a leash while inside the house. Don't give her a chance to pee anywhere but outside. If on a leash, you will be aware of all her actions and catch her before the deed is done. My sister is a dog trainer and this works so well. It won't take long for her to catch on. I would not give her any bedding in her crate either. I know this sounds mean, but often the blankets and stuff lead to peeing. I will tag a few people for you too @2BullyMama..@Vicaroo1000...@Davidh

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

Hi Samantha, welcome to you and Hera! I had a really hard time house training my ladies, especially since they were our first dogs. They didn't really like it when they had accidents in their crates because it was obvious that I was displeased. They did get better as they grew older.
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Herasmom View Post
    Hello!!

My name is Samantha and I have a 4month old english bulldog named Hera. She is my fatty girl and I love her to death! This is my first time having this breed and a female dog. Hera is a little stubborn of course and very active and loves the outdoors. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

I do have a question that I need help with.
    Hera has been sleeping in my bed with my husband and I since we got her. The last two nights however she has pee'd in my bed. I am not happy about this and didn't scold her, but told her no and put her outside. I do let her out before bed and two or three times during the night. I don't know if its a dominance thing or what but I don't like it. She gets along with the kids and nothing is different. She also pee's and poops in her crate and pee's on her dog pillow in the house. Please help me =)

Thank you
    Samantha and Hera

First of all to EBN .. I think she's marking and just going because she can. What go outside where it's cold. Start over with all the basics and no bed for her for quite some time. I have a male that I couldn't believe when he'd do this on the sofa. No sofa for him until he learned to be a good boy. Everyone else was allowed on the sofa. Didn't take too long to figure out, watch for the posture, you can catch them before they squat , that's huge.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

hello and welcome to EBN.... yes, as others have said, back to basics and no bed/furniture until fully house trained. Also, no furniture until you are sure she understands that you are the alpha cause peeing on bed/furniture can be a marking thing and trying to 'stake claim' and say she owns that item.
    If she has received he second round of shots you should consider signing up for training classes to get started on her knowing you are alpha.

Good luck!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and you have some great advise above, so I'm not going to ad anything, so good luck with the training.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to you Samantha and Hera, I too would put her back in the crate until she is fully toilet trained good luck
    and we do need to have pictures of Hera.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN. You said, " Hera is a little stubborn"..... a LITTLE stubborn? Are you sure she is a bully? I hope you like the website and find it your second home like so many of us do. It can be rather addicting. There are many excellent experienced people here that will be more than glad to help with the problems you WILL run into raising a baby Bully so ask away. Thanx for joining and jump right in.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Back to basics for Hera! She will be a happier dog if she's treated like a dog --- I promise!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

To you and your little Goddess Divine!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome!! How old is she? I haven't ever had a bully puppy but we did get mugsy (pug) as a puppy and he slept with us from day one. We r such pushovers! Lol being so small I was worried He might get squished so I kept him under my arm at all times and he never peed. Now once he got a little older he did get up on the bed during the day and peed on the bed, marking. Happened over and over for a quick window of time and then no more. If she is too young to be marking then be prepared for it down the road. Lol

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

to EBN, looks like you got all the advice you need above. That being said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads