Hera and Samantha

Herasmom

Jan 14, 2013
Oxnard Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Hera
Hello!!

My name is Samantha and I have a 4month old english bulldog named Hera. She is my fatty girl and I love her to death! This is my first time having this breed and a female dog. Hera is a little stubborn of course and very active and loves the outdoors. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

I do have a question that I need help with.
Hera has been sleeping in my bed with my husband and I since we got her. The last two nights however she has pee'd in my bed. I am not happy about this and didn't scold her, but told her no and put her outside. I do let her out before bed and two or three times during the night. I don't know if its a dominance thing or what but I don't like it. She gets along with the kids and nothing is different. She also pee's and poops in her crate and pee's on her dog pillow in the house. Please help me =)

Thank you
Samantha and Hera:D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ok..here goes..I am not the eexpert here..but this is what I would do.i would assume she is not totally housebroken. I would not let her sleep on the bed and back in the crate for her. Start all over. Act like she is new..take her out on a regular basis. I would put her on a leash while inside the house. Don't give her a chance to pee anywhere but outside. If on a leash, you will be aware of all her actions and catch her before the deed is done. My sister is a dog trainer and this works so well. It won't take long for her to catch on. I would not give her any bedding in her crate either. I know this sounds mean, but often the blankets and stuff lead to peeing. I will tag a few people for you too [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Hi Samantha, welcome to you and Hera! I had a really hard time house training my ladies, especially since they were our first dogs. They didn't really like it when they had accidents in their crates because it was obvious that I was displeased. They did get better as they grew older.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hello!!

My name is Samantha and I have a 4month old english bulldog named Hera. She is my fatty girl and I love her to death! This is my first time having this breed and a female dog. Hera is a little stubborn of course and very active and loves the outdoors. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

I do have a question that I need help with.
Hera has been sleeping in my bed with my husband and I since we got her. The last two nights however she has pee'd in my bed. I am not happy about this and didn't scold her, but told her no and put her outside. I do let her out before bed and two or three times during the night. I don't know if its a dominance thing or what but I don't like it. She gets along with the kids and nothing is different. She also pee's and poops in her crate and pee's on her dog pillow in the house. Please help me =)

Thank you
Samantha and Hera:D

First of all :smileywelcome: to EBN .. I think she's marking and just going because she can. What go outside where it's cold. Start over with all the basics and no bed for her for quite some time. I have a male that I couldn't believe when he'd do this on the sofa. No sofa for him until he learned to be a good boy. Everyone else was allowed on the sofa. Didn't take too long to figure out, watch for the posture, you can catch them before they squat , that's huge.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hello and welcome to EBN.... yes, as others have said, back to basics and no bed/furniture until fully house trained. Also, no furniture until you are sure she understands that you are the alpha cause peeing on bed/furniture can be a marking thing and trying to 'stake claim' and say she owns that item.
If she has received he second round of shots you should consider signing up for training classes to get started on her knowing you are alpha.

Good luck!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and you have some great advise above, so I'm not going to ad anything, so good luck with the training.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Welcome to you Samantha and Hera, I too would put her back in the crate until she is fully toilet trained good luck
and we do need to have pictures of Hera.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. You said, " Hera is a little stubborn"..... a LITTLE stubborn? Are you sure she is a bully? ;) I hope you like the website and find it your second home like so many of us do. It can be rather addicting. There are many excellent experienced people here that will be more than glad to help with the problems you WILL run into raising a baby Bully so ask away. Thanx for joining and jump right in. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Back to basics for Hera! She will be a happier dog if she's treated like a dog --- I promise!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: To you and your little Goddess Divine!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!! How old is she? I haven't ever had a bully puppy but we did get mugsy (pug) as a puppy and he slept with us from day one. We r such pushovers! Lol being so small I was worried He might get squished so I kept him under my arm at all times and he never peed. Now once he got a little older he did get up on the bed during the day and peed on the bed, marking. Happened over and over for a quick window of time and then no more. If she is too young to be marking then be prepared for it down the road. Lol

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hello Samantha and :welcome3: to EBN, glad you and Hera joined ... looking forward to seeing some pictures :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.