looking to adopt deaf english bulldog in florida

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Hi everyone I am looking to adopt an english bulldog that is deaf in florida. Age not important and I am not looking for papers as you cannot breed these dogs due to genetic inheritance. I have had exp with deaf dogs and lost my deaf hybrid a few years ago to kidney failure. I do understand that some breeders euthanize these puppies but if you have one please email me I would even do a silence contract.

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
hey there. i share your love for deaf dogs (and people/children).

i'm not sure if they have any deaf eb's currently but adopt-a-bull rescue http://www.adoptabullrescue.com/ in florida is ran by some pretty cool women. also, there is florida english bulldog rescue http://floridaenglishbulldogrescue.com/ . they're in different locations in florida so i'm not sure which would be closest to you, but you could easily put in an application for a deaf eb (special needs) and be notified when they have one.

hope that's helpful. good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 146

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Any luck finding one?

I have been told numerous times that all white bulldogs can be deaf, and you should never breed an all white with an all white because of this. Just thought I would mention this so anyone thinking if they breed an all white with an all white in the hopes of getting more all white pups, should rethink this!

I also heard deaf bulldogs (or all deaf dogs) can learn sign language pretty good.

Attachments

• 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 265.jpg
    265.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 264.jpg
    264.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 263.jpg
    263.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 113
OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
i actually had a deaf hybrid(english/olde) which is why i am looking to adopt a deaf one. my dog knew over 18 signs and was very smart he was also fixed. you CANNOT breed these dogs congenital deafness is inherited and would be passed on to the offspring.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online