New member saying hello

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
Hi everyone! My wife, Christy, and I are retired folks living in Las Vegas, NV USA. We have owned dogs throughout our lives, but just acquired our first Bulldogs last year. We got Lily and Abby from a breeder in Ohio. To our great distress, Abby died suddenly at 10 months of age from an apparent aneurism. She just fell to the floor, and that was it. After a month or so, we got Daisy. So now we have Lily who's 19 months, and Daisy who's nine months old. Lily and Daisy are half sisters, having the same daddy. We are with our dogs 24/7 and have made them an integral part of family life. They use indoor plumbing, eat with us, and sleep in our bedroom. They'd be in our bed I suppose, except that it's way too high for them to get in and out of safely . Perhaps it's due to our close relationship with them, but it really seems like these Bulldogs are special. We've never had dogs before that are so social, so communicative, and so loving. I'm constantly amazed at how much they seem to understand when I talk to them. For example, Lily really likes to lounge in a beanbag chair. This morning she was getting into the beanbag in the living room. I said to her, let's move the beanbag to the front bedroom so you can be with your Mum Mum while she does her exercises. Lily looked at me, got out of the beanbag, and walked into the hallway and down to the front bedroom. I followed her with the beanbag. There's simply no question in my mind but what she knew what I was talking about. We've been waiting to start formal training. We were about to start that when Abby died. Now we think Daisy is old enough and we have contacted a well respected trainer here in Las Vegas. After we get the basic stuff out of the way, we hope go on with Service Dog training for both of them. I'll be letting everyone know how that goes. Thanks for the great forum! I look forward to participating with all of you. George

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: George! Great Intro! And I am pretty sure you will get unanimous agreement on Bully peronnas! We have also had many breeds and mixed breeds and never had the experiences we are having with Jake. How awful for you with the sudden loss of poor Abby. Devastating. But..it's a good thing you were able to move on and we so welcome you to our family!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: [MENTION=7776]VegasGeorge[/MENTION]

it is a great intro. Sorry to hear of you loss. What a shock it must have been. These guys do make great service dogs. Who doesn't love to see a bully come to visit?

L

Lucy-licious

Hi George, nice to have you here. Lilly and Daisy sound adorable :welcome:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: So glad you joined. Hope to see pics of your girls soon!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome3: to EBN George. Get Christy to sign up too. Both my wife Lari and I enjoy the site a great deal. We are glad to have you here and hope you join right in. Thanx for signing up.

Hannah

Dec 16, 2012
Las Vegas
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer, Hannah and Mia
Welcome George, Sorry for your loss. I also live in Vegas. I have a 9 month old and 7 year old. I currently have my puppy in training and will soon be working on her to become a therapy dog.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site to you and your bullies. Happy to have you here, so jump in and have some fun.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: to you and your bullies!!!!!

cant wait to see lots of pics!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hello George, Christy, Lily & Daisy :welcome3: to EBN glad you joined ... looking forward to seeing pictures :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the club, you have already figured out that Bullies are more like people than dogs. I love the names and can't wait to see photos.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome George, Christy, Lily and Daisy. I am so glad you joined us and am looking forward to seeing pictures of your girls and hearing stories about them!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome! Sorry about Abby, my gosh how heartbreaking. :( we love pictures so please share some of all of the babies.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi George and Christy. So glad you joined! So sorry about Abby, aneurisms can be so difficult to detect.

Can't wait to hear about the training, I'm sure Lily will do superb!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online