Hello from Florida!

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hey everyone!

I am new to the site and decided to join because I have a ton of questions! I live in the Daytona beach area with my 2 year old English bulldog Daisy. Daisy is currently 4 weeks pregnant. I am not a breeder but my husband and I decided that we wanted another bulldog, but wanted another bulldog just like daisy. We looked and researched breeding and have a lot of help from who we got daisy from, but I still have questions and would like some added support for when the pups come :rolleyes:.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Well I wish you much luck! You guys must be very brave. I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies, but, I am sure posting lots of photos of Daisy and the pups (when they come) will be very helpful. Thats helpful for us, not you, lol.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hello and :welcome3: to EBN glad you and Daisy joined!! I will try to get you in contact with those that know more about breeding [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] to help answer questions.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of Daisy :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: yes, don't hesitate to ask away. Research? everything !! do lots of You-Tube

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well your life as you know it is fixing to change, and I hope you don't like sleep because you are not going to get much for the about 3 weeks after the pups are born. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let mom whelp the pups by herself, find a good bully vet have have the pups by c-section, or you could loss mom and all the pups. Here is a link to an article you need to read. Plus do not let mom stay in the whelping pin with the pups after they have eaten, or she could crush them. You have to be up every two hours to feed them until they are 3 weeks old then about every 3 hours. The info in the article should fill you in on the rest.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...91-About-Bulldog-Breeding-Learn-What-It-Takes

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Here are a few photos of Daisy :) 100_0050.jpg579.jpg4.jpg

Attachments

• 146.jpg
    146.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thank you for the helpful information. I did read that post which is how I found this website and deiced to join. I am lucky to have a good bulldog vet who actually delivered the litter Daisy was in and tons more. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for lack of sleep :tongue:. I don't work full time and am able to have the time off to take care of the puppies and feed them every 2 hours. I just want as much information as possible to help me though.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
My goodness you are brave! Welcome to the forums, where we have several very nice experienced breeders who can help you prepare for Daisy's special time. I am not one of them at all, but believe me, everyone will enjoy pictures of the pups as they are growing. :)

L

Lucy-licious

Welcome, and good luck with the puppies. You will get lots of sound advice from experienced bulldog breeders here....just ask and listen :hug:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Glad you joined! Best of luck with Daisy's litter! Hopefully the people here with experience can help you make it the best possible experience for all of you.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. Your Daisey is beautiful. I am just north of you in Orange Park. I have a son who lives in Daytona.

I hope you find all your answers and everything goes very smoothly. Good Luck and can't wait to hear updates.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi there! Don't ever hesitate to ask questions if you have any ... there's a few wonderful members here who have experience in breeding. Welcome to the site!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: I am so happy you found us. It's a scary thing..having Bully pups but here you will find help and support. Good luck to Daisy and here's to a healthy litter! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.