Ms.Mona and momma Sonya say Hello from Ontario!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Welcome and congratulations on being adopted by Mona, lol. Liz and Amy are both around 1 1/2. Liz loves toys and loves to play, Amy does not and never has. She will playvwith Liz and sometimes pick up a toy. But she will not play for any length of time at all. They are all different.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hi Sonya :welcome3: to EBN, glad you and Mona joined, she is a very pretty girl!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Sonya and Mona, welcome to the site of everything Bully. You will absolutely love it here, I joined in Oct 2012 also by researching about Dogfood Nutrition, and found it by accident, and now it's like I live on here. Lol. It used to be Facebook, but now I've hardly been on FB and spend a lot of my free time on EBN. You'll find a lot of information and a lot of helpful people to answer your questions. I have 2 EB pups, they are 10 months old and brother and sister from the same litter, their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. Where a outs are you in Toronto? I live in Mississauga. There is a Bulldog Meetup Group, that meets every month or two for Bulldog socializing at different parks and venues. There is one coming up in February at High Park. If you close to the area, you should come out, and maybe we'll meet you there. My name is Monica, and I go by the name Vikinggirl on this site. I look forears to seeing lots of pictures of Mona, and reading about her stories. She will come around with patience and love, maybe she just needs a little time and some socialization with some other Bully friends. And the tongue thing is definetely normal, my Dozer constantly has his tongue out, and it gets all dried out .lol

here is a picture of my guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 35

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
AWW what a great story, bless you for rescuing that sweet girl. I think you got all the advice you need I just wanted to say welcome to EBN.

OP
M

MonasMomma

Jan 9, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona
Thank you for your thoughts and input. This sounds just like my Mona. She was never used for breeding, however I am her 3rd (AND LAST) owner. Just laying eyes on her, I knew I would never be able to part with her, and I honestly can't quite understand how her previous owners handled being able to pass her off like that. I have a hard enough time just leaving for work each morning, and if I didn't own a restaurant....I would bring her to work with me every single day!

Her first visit to Petsmart resulted in her standing ground that she was NOT going through the doors. I carried her. ( I didn't realize she was as nervous as she is, and just chalked it up to the change and her not seeing me as her new owner(I dont like this word.....), obviously understandable.

Her second visit was 2 days later to see about getting her extremely long nails trimmed. Same thing. Refused to go in....so I carried her. We had to make an apt and come back with vet papers...so we went back later that day. She owned it. She walked in all by herself with no issues. She was nervous going with the groomer but I think she really enjoyed her full spa package, and the groomers said she did amazing. (yes I waited the full two hours JUST incase something went wrong)

When she came out of the groomers, her look and behavior was priceless! She walked out like such a Diva! She was sooo happy. And marched right out that door like she owned the place. Now my guess is she will look forward to the petsmart visit!

She is still a little nervous with sounds, but has started to bond with the kids and follows me everywhere. She has been good on walks, although stops often because the buses seem to be interesting to her when they drive by.

You mentioned about how HRH will wait at the jeep. I assume this is normal then? Mona loves to go for car rides, but won't get in or out herself. I wasn't sure if she was being stubborn, or just couldnt actually manage to get up that high-although, she does manage to hop her butt up on my couch when she wants to sit with me. lol

OP
M

MonasMomma

Jan 9, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona
Hi Sonya and Mona, welcome to the site of everything Bully. You will absolutely love it here, I joined in Oct 2012 also by researching about Dogfood Nutrition, and found it by accident, and now it's like I live on here. Lol. It used to be Facebook, but now I've hardly been on FB and spend a lot of my free time on EBN. You'll find a lot of information and a lot of helpful people to answer your questions. I have 2 EB pups, they are 10 months old and brother and sister from the same litter, their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. Where a outs are you in Toronto? I live in Mississauga. There is a Bulldog Meetup Group, that meets every month or two for Bulldog socializing at different parks and venues. There is one coming up in February at High Park. If you close to the area, you should come out, and maybe we'll meet you there. My name is Monica, and I go by the name Vikinggirl on this site. I look forears to seeing lots of pictures of Mona, and reading about her stories. She will come around with patience and love, maybe she just needs a little time and some socialization with some other Bully friends. And the tongue thing is definetely normal, my Dozer constantly has his tongue out, and it gets all dried out .lol

here is a picture of my guys

Hi Monica,
Nice to meet you and your cute bullies!

We are close to that area. We are close to Bathurst and St.Clair so getting to High Park isn't an issue at all. I'll look for more information about this, we would love to meet other bulldogs and friends!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi Monica,
Nice to meet you and your cute bullies!

We are close to that area. We are close to Bathurst and St.Clair so getting to High Park isn't an issue at all. I'll look for more information about this, we would love to meet other bulldogs and friends!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

hi! i'm at Dupont and spadina!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
yeah we are going to try and make it, we've missed the past few..last one we went to was at the waterfront

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN.... others have given you great information so I am just going to say thank you for taking her in and giving her a great home --- Welcome to EBN!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there to you and dear mona. bless you for taking her in and she will get better over time but may never lose all of her fears. bullies are kinda quirky anyway and i think its very endearing. i do not let sarah jump in or out of my vehicle. they are known to have hip problems and things so i just find it better to lift her in and out but she does jump on and off the couch just fine. cant wait to hear more about your new addition :D

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Can't recall if I've already said hi, but just in case, hello and welcome! There's a T dot bully meetup sometimes at various off leash parks. Will post about the next one once I get he info!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That shaking you spoke of his her just processing the new stimulus. She doesn't know how to act when she goes into a store and part of that is her brain trying to figure it out. Being calm is reassuring enough....you want to be careful not to reinforce that behavior by giving affection when she's in a fearful state. Mona will process it and go through it quicker if you let her figure it out on her own. Time and patience are your best allies when dealing with fear stuff.

God bless you for taking Mona home with you. Bullies are so low maintenance dogs overall.... it's hard for me to imagine who couldn't possibly have time for one --- or three? I mean how friggin busy are ya, right? :angry: I'm glad Mona's with you now. WELCOME.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.