I am new with many bully problems!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think i would try a bland diet for a bit. chicken and rice or beef n rice. could very well be a food issue that was worse once you switched food. also my bully is allergic to leaves to and mold so could be environmental as well. i would also see about a skin scrape to see if there is something else going on. till then i would see about some hibiclenz at the drug store. its an antibacterial soap that you can wash her spots in to see if it helps. ive not used it but many here use witch hazel for the tears then dry it and some desitin or i use vaseline to help protect it. i would suggest raking the leaves also to get them away from the house. also i would stop the fish oil for now as it maybe causing a problem as well. keep us updated on your baby.

OP
Beamers83

Beamers83

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Thanks for the info I will try the bland diet.

OP
Beamers83

Beamers83

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I know I should just get a skin scrape to save me a lot of time it's just I am no longer working and have already spent so much money on her I am running out of it. How much does it usually cost for a skin scape/ allergies test.?

OP
Beamers83

Beamers83

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I do have rugs and tile. Need less to say they don't get cleaned very often I have 3 little girls too so I am very busy. I do clean her butt when she comes back in with baby wipes. How much does it usually cost to test for mange? How do they get it? She is not around other dogs too often.

OP
Beamers83

Beamers83

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I don't think so I bathed her last night with her special shampoo and a little dove soap for the smell and this morning she had the sore. I also clean her after she poops. No one told me this was going to be like having a 4 th baby in the house.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Everything you have said just seems to scream food allergy to me!!!

As others have said I would put her on the bland diet .... and personally I would go for the white rice and lamb or beef. There are so many bullies out there with chicken allergies that I wouldn't take the risk of doing white rice and chicken. I would try her on that for a good week or so. IF it is food you have to understand that it can take up to 30 days to get the "bad food" fully out of her system so everything is going to take time.

You have to stay committed too and not bounce around trying on a different food every few days.

Get her on the bland diet and give it a few days and then I'd be interested to hear what happens!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would think it is a food issue! You mentioned tear stains and that is a dead give away for allergies to food. I hope things get better fast!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You already have lots of good suggestions to try to help, so I'll just add :welcome3: and I hope you get her issues resolved soon. She's a cutie in your avatar pic.

OP
Beamers83

Beamers83

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I will try the bland diet. So no chicken, she s currently on a rice and lamb puppy food. Should I try the beef?

OP
Beamers83

Beamers83

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Thanks I have already found great advice here.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I will try the bland diet. So no chicken, she s currently on a rice and lamb puppy food. Should I try the beef?

Try the Bland diet for a week...then slowly start adding in food. I would try a new food.You can go to an All Stage Food instead of puppy. She is 6 months old..let's find out where would be a good place to start. You are fighting a lot of battles..and it's important not to get too overwhelmed. I feel your frustration and these Bully's are much like babies. Expensive too. Which unfortunately leads to a lot of them being dumped when these problems arise. We will try and help you but it won't be an overnight thing. :( Finding a better food for her will be a great place to start. You can clean her sores with peroxide and keep using your shampoo. The tricky part is getting her to the right diet...

@Sherry...@cowsmom...@desertskybulldogs...@2BullyMama

anyone want to give her some advice which food to transition off Bland diet to. Please!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks I have already found great advice here.

Can you post a picture of Betty ? I would like to see her skin,

also, keep her crate and blankets very clean in case it is full of mites

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
welcome to EBN -you have found the right place to get this figured out - it just takes time HANG IN THERE !! Pretty soon you will have another very loving member of the family

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: for the yeast buy some apple cider vinegar a put a tablespoon in her water every time you fill it up an when you wipe her tear stains with the wipe spray some vinegar on that that will help with the yeast Franklin had a really bad yeast problem an I used it an it was gone in four days an changed his food an has not come back cause I put it in the water an since your having so many problems you want to buy a really good dog food less vet visits in the end. I use Fromm beef frittata it last about a month for me for two dogs even though its a little high in price it last longer an you see a big difference in your dog so I don't mind paying that much it's well worth it in the end good luck I had the same problem Franklins back leg pops every time he walks I give him cosequin it a joint supplement everything that you are going through I went through so if you need to talk I'm here good luck you will figure it out until then just lots of love

Members online

No members online now.