Ace and Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Brought my pup Ace home on Dec 20. He was born on the same month and day as my own birthday of October 16th.
I made plans on staying home with him through the Christmas holiday, to help him become acclimated to his new home and to get a good start on house training.
He has responded very well. About 75% or better house trained and already goes to the door to be let outside.
My wife got a maltese about 2 years ago and there has been quite an adjustment between the two dogs but we are managing.
Took Ace to the Vet today, went very well and the pup is healthy, He weighed almost 16 pounds today and has almost doubled his weight since bringing him home.
Thanks for the early welcomes to the group its quite informative and a nice community for dog lovers and especially our beloved bully's

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace does have a small sore on his ear. The breeder said it was where the other puppies had been playing and nipping each other. After getting him home and examining it closer the next day, it appeared to me like a hotspot so I treated with and antibacterial and hotspot spray, it didn't get any worse but on examination today the Vet said it appears to be ringworm. So she recommended some otc fungal medication for humans. I had some lotrimin cream and so applied some of that for the time being. Any suggestions out there?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: It sounds to me like you have done just the right thing for the spot. Just keep an eye on it for any increased redness but as long as it looks better gradually and not worse then the lotrimin should be fine.
Hope you can post some pics of your little guy soon!

Susie Williams

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That is great news that ace is doing so well. welcome to the site I am a newbie also and I am learning lots of new things here. Have a great day and best of luck to you and Ace!!!

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thanks LariP and Susie, as soon as I learn the ropes a bit better will add my 2cents worth to more of the conversations and get some pics up

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
:smileywelcome: to EBN! It's very nice to meet you and Ace, and I am looking forward to seeing those pics of him soon. Stick with us, and these guys will turn you into a champion bulldog parent in no time flat!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: and glad you joined us.

Seems that everything you are doing is right for the treatment of ringworm. Just keep an eye on it .... plus it is contagious so just keep an eye out for anything on yourselves or on the Maltese!! Luckily, ringworm is not in anyway a serious condition!!

Can't wait to hear more stories of Ace and see some pics!!! :yes:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Brought my pup Ace home on Dec 20. He was born on the same month and day as my own birthday of October 16th.
I made plans on staying home with him through the Christmas holiday, to help him become acclimated to his new home and to get a good start on house training.
He has responded very well. About 75% or better house trained and already goes to the door to be let outside.
My wife got a maltese about 2 years ago and there has been quite an adjustment between the two dogs but we are managing.
Took Ace to the Vet today, went very well and the pup is healthy, He weighed almost 16 pounds today and has almost doubled his weight since bringing him home.
Thanks for the early welcomes to the group its quite informative and a nice community for dog lovers and especially our beloved bully's

:welcome3: to you and Ace. you've got plenty of good advise on the ringworm thing. Enjoy the site, it's got allot to offer. post often and any question's will surely be answered by someone here. Share anything you have, good or bad. :2thumbs: We love pictures here if you haven't noticed :whistle:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:welcome3: so glad you and Ace joined ... looking forward to seeing lots of pictures :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of Ace. I haven't known another Ace before. My old guy, he passed, was named Ace....loved that pitty. Anywho, welcome! :2thumbs:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
And he is so adorable! OMG!

Thank you for creating an album for him :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.