New here! New English Bulldog too :)

mscott529

Nov 8, 2012
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Stacks
Hi,

my husband and I just got our new English Bulldog, his name is Stacks. We got him at 8 weeks old, he is now 13 weeks old. We had a girl before but had to put her down for kidney failure, so we're hoping this one goes better. MY GOODNESS! I guess I forgot how crazy they are at 8 weeks old, eating and biting everything. Are boys much different than girls because Stacks sure does bark and growl a lot. We have tried everything from water, to coins in a jar to NO! to always giving him a toy to replace, but he continues to bite us. I don't remember when they outgrow this. Aye....a lot of work, thank goodness he is so cute! :eek:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:welcome3: ahhh, the puppy stage, lol. We would love to see some pictures of your baby Stacks!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Enjoy it while you can ! soon its the Teenager ! ! !

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Welcome to the site and let's see a picture of that little Gem :)

As for the puppy biting it is more when there young like that for sure and there sharp little knives show no mercy. Your on the right track consistent correction and replacing with a toy or something to chew on will get you through it. Just good calm, assertive corrections and consistency is the key.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
As the "hostage" being held by our 11 week old furry version of Jaws, welcome! You can read thru the posts of all of us with pups- we are ALL smarting from those shark bites!!! Our boy growls and barks a lot too! Guess we're all in this together!! Welcome!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Yes..I will forever remember the biting! :eek: They do outgrow it but trying to redirect to chew toys,etc and being consistent might hurry it up! Glad you found us and I sure hope only for good times and a healthy life for Stacks! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: love the name Stacks, so cute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hello and :welcome3: to EBN glad you joined! can't wait to see pictures!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Now about those pics, we have a saying here: :pics:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Welcome to the forums! Can't wait to see some pictures of your little shark, Stacks. :)

Don't worry, the puppy biting is definitely a phase, although it lasts far too long for most of us. Our puppy never really did bite us much. I got tired of it the first time he tried it, and I will push the side of his cheeks in so that instead of biting me, he's biting himself. It might sound cruel, but trust me it isn't. Your pup isn't about to bite down hard on himself when it hurts! Try that trick, and also continue to use patience and calm energy. If you get excited and yell at him, he's going to get excited and be twice or thrice the terror!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.