Bully with spina bifida

seernod

Jan 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry and Frenchie named Willow
:)hello everyone my wife and I are now proud owners of another bully after saying last feb we were gonna try without a dog for awhile. Well that didnt work so after losing our last bulldog which was 12 last Feb we are now proud owners of a 9 week old male bully. His name is Henry and he is beautiful but has a little indention 2 inches up from his tail apparently he has been diagnosed with Spinal Bifida but he has no symtoms as of yet . Anyway the way we got him was we knew the breeder and was wondering if we would be interested in rescuing him well one look at him and that is all it took. So we will be looking to this forum to see if anyone else has this same problem with there bully. Thank You Don & Glenda

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome. Sorry about the loss of your bully baby. I too lost my dog a Jack Russell 2 years ago, and said no more dogs. Lol. I now am a new mom to 2 EB pups, they are litter mates, and are 10 months old. Their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. Congratulations on Henry, and bless you guys for rescuing him. I am sorry I don't have any experience with Spina Bifida in a dog, but hopefully somebody who, does will be along soon to help you. I look forward to your pictures and stories about Henry.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome! We have a couple members with Bully's diagnosed with this. You are wonderful to accept him and give him his forever home. Will be waiting for pics..make yourself at home! :D

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's awesome congratulations :smileywelcome: to EBN you will love it here everyone is very nice & helpful so if you need anything just ask

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hi Don, Glenda & Henry :welcome3: to EBN ... can't wait to see pictures of Henry, so glad you will be his loving family

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Welcome! So glad you joined us :) I have no personal experience with spina bifida and I'm sure someone will come by son with some more infor for you! We are a wonderful group filled with bullie lovers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
There's a Facebook group for Bulldogs with Special Needs.SB is a condition lots of folk deal with. I'm sure they have lots of info for you.

L

Lucy-licious

Hello and welcome to EBN. one of our members [MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION] has SB Bullies. I'm sure she'll pop by and advise you if she sees this x

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I've read some SB puppies will have no symptoms. Hopefully your guy is one of those lucky ones! We would love to see pictures of him.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: And glad you joined us!

My initial thought was @RescueMe who has rescued many spina bifida bullies. Bless you for choosing to care for this very special baby!! :luv:

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the group. How special it is that your took on a possible challenging Bully. I am so happy for you and very very happy for Henry.

Just a few warnings: this place can get addicting and you will be harassed until photos are put up, so get them uploaded!

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome3: to EBN..... I hope you enjoy EBN and will participate in the forums. As mentioned we have a few members that have experience with SB so help is at hand if needed. Im glad you joined and please tell your wife she is welcome here as well. Pix would be nice when you can. :)

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Welcome to EBN! You and your wife are amazing for rescuing such a special baby! I'm not of any help on SB Bullies, but wanted to welcome you and Henry! I can't wait to see pictures of him, and hear about your journey!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: and bless you!!! SB babies are very special indeed :heart:

Have you or do you need to diaper? Things to watch out for are rubbing spots, diaper rash, and urinary tract infections. Let me know if you need anything or have any questions. If I do not have the answers I have tons of friends that will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:smileywelcome: to EBN, that is fantastic that you were able to help out that little guy, can't wait to see pictures!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.