I've checked out this site before but am just now registering!

cmillers4

Jan 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Yukon (RIP), Chaplin and Valentino
Hi. My name is Tricia. We have been bully owners for 11 years, with the exception of the past six months, as we lost the love of my life (don't tell my husband) in June. We bought Yukon as the runt of the litter, weighing only 2.4 lbs when we got him from a breeder. I don't think she was the worst breeder in the world, but I don't think she was the best either. We were very fortunate to have a fairly healthy bully....he suffered from cherry eye and occasional sprains, but for a runt he lived a long, happy life. As he aged, my youngest daughter got involved with Indiana Bulldog Rescue....which in turn got ALL of us involved in Indiana Bulldog Rescue. What a great group!! I haven't met a bully I didn't like! Sadly, however, Yukon did. He was not keen on other bullies and we were a bit overprotective, so our attempt at fostering for them failed. It's funny though, because we added three cats and three rabbits to the family during his lifetime and he never minded them one bit.

So here we are, and we are getting a new EB puppy from a reputable breeder. I feel bad we aren't adopting, but for various reasons, this is the route we have chosen. As we will be welcoming Chaplin into our home in the next few weeks, I thought I would officially join this group in case I have new mommy questions. This time around is going to be different, and I am looking forward to the experience! It looks like it will take me awhile to figure things out, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and Welcome. You'll love it here, lots of great information and people to help you with your Bully. Looking forward to your pictures and stories about Chaplin. Love the name

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We warmly welcome you to the EBN family!
I'm sorry for the loss of your boy Yukon. He sounds like a wonderful bully who gave you lots of joy.
How exciting for you to be adopting a new bully. Please do not hesitate in jumping right in with any questions, ideas or thoughts you want to share.

:welcome3:

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Well, may I be the first to welcome you here and offer my condolences on the loss of Yukon. He sounds like he was a well-loved member of the family and of course, you were blessed to know him.

Chaplin will probably not be anything like him, since no matter how alike all bulldogs are, they are all so different and quirky. I know you cannot wait to get him home! The anticipation is so great. Do not feel bad for not adopting, lots of us have gotten puppies. We got Liz as a puppy from a breeder. Amy was re-homed to us at 4 months, so she qualifies as both!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hi Tricia and :welcome3: to EBN, glad you joined ... looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of Chaplin

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My condolences about Yukon. These bullies really tug at your heartstrings, no matter what the circumstances. They're all perfect in their own way. :heart:

Oh and welcome to the site! Maybe when you welcome your new baby, you can try fostering again. And bless you for trying. :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!! I am sorry for your loss, please share pics of Yukon and the new baby. If you get lost just ask, we will help you find your way around here. ;)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. I am sorry you lost Yukon, it is so very hard to loose a family member, even if they are fur-kids.

I am excited for you to be getting a new addition. Can't wait to see photos.
This site is so perfect for all bully owners whether new or experienced. We have a great bunch of people here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN!!

So sorry for the loss of Yukon... they are alwasy with you!

Best of luck with your new baby, Chaplin and we look forward to pictures

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! What took you so long to join?

Sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you can share more of your wonderful stories about him in time. Looking forward to meeting Chaplin!

IBR is a wonderful group! Maybe after the puppy training is done you can give fostering another try. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
cmillers4

cmillers4

Jan 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Yukon (RIP), Chaplin and Valentino
Thanks all! As soon I as I can download pictures of Chap, I'll get them on here. I'm trying to get them off Facebook to no avail!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: I too am very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you and he had a great life together.many of us have suffered losses and understand the love you felt.

Im thrilled you have decided to join up! And I bet you are over the top with excitement. :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Tricia and Chaplin! Can't wait to see pics when you get him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.