Woould like to have a bulldog but does not what to look for

cardiacwoundrn

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hello there!

I'm interested in getting a bulldog as a permanent member of our family. Why a bully? Coz it's my husband's favorite dog. And since I'm giving it as a birhtday gift, I'm not sure what to look for. Can someone help me pls? Best regards to everyone and thanks in advance :-)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Rescue's are a great gift, a bulldog that is house trained or needs extra love and attention and isn't real destructive like a puppy. if you need to have a puppy , don't buy from pet store. They are usually from puppy mills. If you check the AKC web site you can find good breeders there.

Good luck in your search and :smileywelcome: to EBN

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
if you are wanting a show quality, then research research research the qualifications and traits. If you want a pet of any age, rescue is wonderful. A pet puppy...still do your research for a good breeder, but buy based on what you like in looks, you will know when your heart tells you it is the right one.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
If you are looking for a puppy, make sure you read the puppy buying article on the home page. There are a lot of puppy mills, and back yard breeders that you don't want to buy from if that is the route you are looking for. This is a reason why a rescue is always better, they will be honest and up front from the beginning because they care, and want a great permanent home. Good luck in your hunt, and welcome to EBN! We can't wait to meet your new family member!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What area in the country are you from. Members who live in your area can send you a private message with breeder recommendations, or like [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] suggested above they can give you info if there are rescue's in your area.

Apart from that I suggest you read and read and read here to see just what a special family member you are getting when you bring your bully home, so that when you do you are prepared to make it the best possible experience for your whole family.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
you've been give great advice already and I agree with them research research research!! :welcome3: and good luck on your search!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I'm in agreement with all of the advice already given. One more thing if you decide on a puppy, don't be afraid to ask the breeder anything. I highly recommend asking for references and for contact information for their regular vet. Call the vet and double check the information given. Before we put a deposit on our Ellie a couple weeks after she was born, we did this and simply told the vet the breeder used that we were interested in purchasing a puppy from the breeder and asked if they could confirm the parents names, number of puppies in the litter, sexes of the puppies, DOB, etc based on the information that the breeder gave us. Luckily the breeder was fairly local and we knew where the vets office was and that they were legit as well.

Last edited:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I too agree on the above make sure you do all your research and yes you will know when you see the right one you will just fall in love with it straight away.

:welcome: and Good Luck with your search.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
You have been given excellent information. Be sure and research the breeder. English Bulldogs are very high maintenance and very expensive to care for. Be sure you are willing to invest the time and money involved. However, I must say they are a great and the best addition to your family. You just need to be aware of the expense and love required to be owned by a bully. I have never regretted the time, money, and effort I have spent on the two I have owned. This site is a world of knowledge so read the forums before you decide to purchase a bully.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN..... bulldogs are the bestest breed!!!!

there is an article on the site for buying tips .. someone gave you the link above in their post and as another suggested, tell us where you are in the country and members will give you info via private messages

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello and :welcome: to ebn. i sure hope you find what your looking for.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.