Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from MO with Dozer.

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Hello from MO with Dozer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Soon you will understand....a certain someone has to use his name cuz he can't remember anything else!

Yeah but that's because he's old

to EBN......@pendatram,Dozer is very handsome x
    Last edited by Lucy-licious; 11-24-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, Sean and welcome. You joined an awesome site. I am fairly new here as well and I have 2 new pups, a brother and sister, they are 9 months old, and their names are Blossom and Bulldozer. I have a Dozer too, and like your Dozer, mine also has a severe under bite, and his tongue sticks out. Lol. My two came from the breeder on Royal Canin food, but after researching foods on this site, I switched them to Fromms Beef Fritata, a lot of people on this forum seem to use this food. My 2 are doing very well on this food, I chose this food after trying 4 other foods, my female Blossom has allergies or sensitivity to chicken, corn, and grains. These foods give her mushy poops, pink skin, ears, and chin rashes . I would switch your Dozers' food to either Fromms Beef Fritata, or the Avoderm, as these foods are rated a 6 star , and Beneful isn't a good food. You can see and read the food ratings on this site, under food and nutrition , also Desertskybulldogs , and Cowsmom , are experienced in food and nutrition, are a good source of information. Switching to a better food will definetly improve smelly poops, it did with mine, and as for their breath, I brush my guys teeth, twice a week, I started when they were really, small so they don't mind, good food will probably help, as could the drops in the water. I am not familiar with these drops, and am not sure if they are good or safe to use regularly? Maybe someone else on here knows more. I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in their water , I put a Tablespoon in their bowl everyday. ACV helps with a lot of things from breath, to inflammation, to killing bacteria internally, and for their immunity. I give natural supplements to my guys as well, they get 1 tsp of salmon oil liquid in their food everyday, ACV in their water, and I give them a cranberry pill everyday to avoid urinary tract infections. For their treats, I also use natural foods such as cut up apples, strawberries, bananas, plain unsweetened yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese strings, hard boiled eggs, or oatmeal. They don't get these everyday, but 2 or 3 times a week , they get one or two of these. One week they will get plain yogurt with strawberries one day, and a hard boiled egg a couple of days later, and then the next week I'll give them banana , one day and a couple of days later, they'll get some cheese strings, I mix it up . And finally on cleaning their ears , I will just use a baby wipe, I do their eyes, nose ropes, ears and tail pocket with baby wipes, once or twice a week, and I usually bath them once a week, usually on Sundays. I use Petsmart no tear puppy formula with oatmeal and chamomile. I rinse them with water first, and then use 25% ACV mixed with 75% water for a final rinse, this makes their coat really soft, and whitens my females cost, as she is white. It smells at first like vinegar, but goes away when they dry, and actually keeps them fresher smelling. Also when I bathe them, I don't pour water over their heads or faces, to avoid getting water in their ears, and noses, which can get into their lungs. I use a face cloth, and wet it, and put the shampoo on the cloth and wash their faces , and ears with it, then I rinse it off the same way with a rinsed out face cloth. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Dozer.

here are some pictures of my guys Bulldozer and Blossom:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-24-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added pictures
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=prendatram;270314]Hello forum, I been lurking around this forum for about 2 months now, just gathering info and waiting for the right pal to come in to my life. SORRY ITS A LONG POST.

Let me tell you a little bout myself. My name is Sean Bowers, I'm 21 and from Rolla, Mo. I'm a full time student in Petroleum Engineering at the local University. I currently been working at Papa Johns for over 2 years and just a few months ago got moved up to manager.

Welcome Sean & Dozer! Great introduction, you really touched my heart with your earnestness
    & sincerity...Dozer got very lucky to have you as Dad. You and I have a lot in common, my son
    dated a girl w/a Bully, they are now engaged and I fell in love w/her Bruzer, researched a year
    then adopted Brutus 5 months ago. Was told he was 3 y/o but I believe he's 4 or 5 but I don't
    care, he's wonderful! Believe me, you are in for a real treat, after about a month or two, I thought
    Brutus and I were bonded and close but in about another month...that wonderful Bully REALLY gave
    me his whole heart...just blew me away and Dozer, while he bonded with you right away and is a
    great Bully and it's mutual love, wait until he's decided you're trustworthy and then he gives you
    everything he has to give...no holds barred, it is AWESOME!

Avoderm is what I landed on feeding Brutus (after 3-4 others), he does best on Red Meat Meal w/
    Potato (watch that Dozer isn't sensitive to the potato) if so, they have a couple others w/different
    protein choices, just make sure you feed one of their GRAIN FREE formulas. He was on Iams when
    I got him, his hair was thin, bald in places, red bumps, small sores here & there, horrible, constant
    farting and constantly goopy eyes, bad allergies...Avoderm fixed all that. The previous owner's
    friend saw him a couple weeks ago (he's been on Avoderm 3 months) and just could not believe
    the difference in his coat & allergies gone! I do give him a daily dose of ChlorTabs, generic Walmarts,
    (Benadryl doesn't work on him) Spring & Fall change but then only if he gets ichy or congested not
    everyday like before the Avoderm made such a positive difference.

Welcome here to EBN, Sean & much Congratulations on Dozer, he's really handsome -more pics please!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Sean & Dozer and to EBN ... so glad Dozer has a great new home! You've been given some great advice so just wanted to say hello and welcome ... looking forward to see a lot more pictures of your new buddy!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

hello and welcome to EBN and the WONDERFUL world of bulldogs! The gang has given you great advice and you are on your way to enjoying your handsome and fun loving bully!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sean and Dozer to EBN, You have got some great advice from the EBN family and you will get plenty of help on any issues you have so enjoy the site.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on your new bestest friend. I love the "head on the pillow" part of your story. Dozer is a lucky boy to have you watching over him now. He will return the favor ten fold!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

@prendatram

You're not going to be the same after loving a bully. The breed is like no other. Enjoy and I know through all your research and intelligence, Dozer will thrive and live to be a healthy old man. One thing though, I think you're going to need a bigger bed.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

more pictures..He was moving sleeping positions so he not all there. lol and camera was dead so thats why first date is from 2 years ago. lol

and thanks for all the replies so helpful. thanks

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

also he has a harness that he loves but i take it off when he in. and you can see his custom John Deere bandana my girlfriend made for him. he rolled out of it in his sleep too.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

another quick question been reading alot bout throwing in some yogurt and/or salmon oil by grizzly or human pill fish oil any of you guys swear by this stuff or notice alot of difference. Im switching foods in the next week or so. hopefully he likes the taste of avoderm more to make switching alittle easy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads