a bit of advice needed

crazybulldogman

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Axel
ok here goes,

this is the predicament I'm in, We purchased our first bully from a breeder that told us he was a pure bred english bulldog, we have since come to learn that he is crossed with an olde english as she calls it, so we said what ever until we noticed that she had administered expired Vaccinations to him, we have since redone all shots he is now healthy. We had already put a deposit on a female english from the same breeder before we had realized what had happened with axel so we purchased lexi and the very same day we brought her home she was sick. So we took her to the vet the very next morning and our vet said it looks as though it was a mild case of bronchitis so she sent us home with clavamox for her 1 pill twice a day every 12 hrs for 10 days, we did this she is still sick with a really wet sounding caugh I have tried steam baths twice a day for about 10 mins at a time but still nothing I am worried that she will get axel sick, I had called the breeder to confront her about the sick pup and she replied it must have been from when her daughter bathed her and then turned her outside to pee, well Lexi sure didn't smell like she was bathed and she continually rolls in her messes and she will eat it if we don't get it right away. I have requested that we be refunded but obviously we were denied and told that she doesn't accept sick pups back unless it's genetic....she sold her to us sick... now I am trying to find out what I have to do to report her as I Honestly believe she is running a PUPPY MILL... the Name of the kennell is Jaks Bulldogs I know she deals in the USA and CANADA.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
thanks

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this, I don't have experience with this kind of rip off, but hear that plenty of it goes on. Check to see if she has a kennel license or breeder license. Who is her vet? was your puppy shipped? Talk to others if you can who have had business with this place. Or people from that area. I wish I could give you real info. Have you tried to Google your question?

:welcome3: to EBN

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have no experience in this type of thing either but wanted to say I hope things work out and your babies get healthy ... did you get any type of purchase contract when you bought your puppies? If you did you could always contact a lawyer and see about getting a free consultation to see if you have any legal grounds?

pibrew

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nothing
I have been looking for a male bully and ran across a individual in central Texas that was advertising the "Olde" bulldog as an EB. I asked some really pointed questions and finally got the truth. I'm not sure if they were doing this on purpose or honestly didn't know the difference. Either way....be sure to ask questions!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This sounds like a very sticky situation.

MOST breeders would have a contract. In this contract there should be some pretty set up loud and clear statements. For example, in my contract I state they need to be seen by their own vet to verify that their new bully pup is completely healthy within 48 hours.

It has never happened, but if it did I would try to work with the new family to come to an agreement. But each person and situation is different, if the puppy was not sick when you brought her home and became sick after, or if you found was sick within the first 48 hours, ect... I know what I would do I would be concerned with getting the puppy better first and that would be the number one priority....I have not had that happen but I know that would be my primary focus. BUT.... in your case specifically it does smell a bit fishy! Something is not right and sounds like they are probably not a very good breeder that stands behind their pups at all. :(

anthony fiasco

Nov 15, 2012
Toronto, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Was it akc registered and purchased with a health gurantee contract?

ok here goes,

this is the predicament I'm in, We purchased our first bully from a breeder that told us he was a pure bred english bulldog, we have since come to learn that he is crossed with an olde english as she calls it, so we said what ever until we noticed that she had administered expired Vaccinations to him, we have since redone all shots he is now healthy. We had already put a deposit on a female english from the same breeder before we had realized what had happened with axel so we purchased lexi and the very same day we brought her home she was sick. So we took her to the vet the very next morning and our vet said it looks as though it was a mild case of bronchitis so she sent us home with clavamox for her 1 pill twice a day every 12 hrs for 10 days, we did this she is still sick with a really wet sounding caugh I have tried steam baths twice a day for about 10 mins at a time but still nothing I am worried that she will get axel sick, I had called the breeder to confront her about the sick pup and she replied it must have been from when her daughter bathed her and then turned her outside to pee, well Lexi sure didn't smell like she was bathed and she continually rolls in her messes and she will eat it if we don't get it right away. I have requested that we be refunded but obviously we were denied and told that she doesn't accept sick pups back unless it's genetic....she sold her to us sick... now I am trying to find out what I have to do to report her as I Honestly believe she is running a PUPPY MILL... the Name of the kennell is Jaks Bulldogs I know she deals in the USA and CANADA.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
thanks

anthony fiasco

Nov 15, 2012
Toronto, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Is this them? moderation. Removed Link.

ok here goes,

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

crazybulldogman

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Axel
no they are called jaks bulldogs they are just trying to get their web site up and running

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Regretfully, your experience isn't unique. I hope your pup recovers and everything works out ok for her. I'm sure by now, you're attached to the little girl and want what's best for her.

Research, recommendations and referrals are PARAMOUNT when selecting a breeder of any kind; but particularly EBs. (Olde or otherwise!) A sick puppy is a sick puppy and a reputable breeder will stand behind their pups.

Thank you also for the best Thanksgiving present ever. Throwing a crappy breeder -- potential puppy mill operator -- under the bus is my #1 Favorite Pasttime!

Remember folks; if we keep buying pups from these greedy, heartless cretins --- they'll keep producing them!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Please. Do not post links to any breeders websites in this discussion.
It's a violation of the site rules.
Even mentioning the breeders name is a 'gray' area, but being allowed as it is pertanient to the initial question and not a direct link to the breeder. It does serve as a reference to 'buyer beware' for other members.
Thank you.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw this is just awful. i would def see if something can be done to them for selling sick pups.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry about your pup and hope she gets better soon. I hate breeders like this that do not stand behind their pups and sell sick pups. They are only in it for the money and do not care about the breed. They give the rest of us reputable breeders a bad name. You living in Canada I don't know who to report them to but you might start with the Canadian Kennel Club for advise.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I see you've already been given great advice. I certainly would get that bully back to the vets if she is still coughing and ask for her to be checked for pneumonia.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.