First time bully owner...

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
Hi everyone! My name is Jamey. I live in ohio with my 7 yo daughter, 7 yo step daughter, husband, 3 yo black lab lucy, 2 yo black lab jackson, 1 yo black lab mix Barley ,and 8 month old victorian bulldog Gizmo.
Our home is crazy, but i wouldn't trade it for theworld. =) Gizmo is my baby girl. she is bonded very strongly with meand is very much the clown of our pack. she has the normal bulldog skin allergies, which is part of the reason that I wanted to join this forum because my vet isn't very educated with bulldogs and thinks the only solution is to run lots of tests and put our girl on expensive medications.
gizmo is currently on a grain free diet. she also gets pumpkin, plain yogurt, ACV, bananas, carrots, frozen green beans, and brocoli (not all at once of course). i'm looking for some other natural treatments rather then putting her on all kinds of medications that can't be good for her. When she was a puppy she had kennel cough which turned into pnemonia. i'm fairly certain this is why she and I are so bonded....because when she was sick i hardly ever put her down. she was so small..and slept all the time...thankfully she is better now and is 50pound of tank! lol i couldn't imagine my life without my baby girl. i look forward to learning lots of new things from all the friends that i hope to make here. =)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hi Jamey & family, 2 and 4 legged LOL :welcome3: to EBN ... you've come to the right place, lots of great people with excellent knowledge to share!! hmmmmm I keep looking at your post but for some reason all the pictures you posted aren't showing up :lmao:

looking forward to seeing pictures of Gizmo and all your babies

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and Welcome to the site! So glad you joined us! Wow I want to come live with you :) Hubby said no more than 2 dogs :( Well I am putting that out the door as we speak :)

First I would suggest going with a vet who has bulldog experience. Our first vet who we have used for Chanel(pitbull) for the last 5 years is amazing but doent have much knowledge about bullies. We switched vets and I am much happier! *** far as the test they want to do the only test I would do right now would be allergy panel food/enviromental. It will take out the guessing and tell you what she is allergic to so you can work on finding the solution. In the meantime I would feed her just kibble no treats no veggies. See if there is a change...Once you get allergy panel back you cna avaoid the allergens and hopefully things will get better! Ummmm how about somep ictures now :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:welcome3::smileywelcome: to EBN, you need to post pics of your little girl. When you say Victorian is she mixed with a Mastiff? That is what I always understood Victorian bulldogs to be. The only thing that I use and a lot of others on here use is Salmon Oil to help our bullies immune systems. Besides that looks like you have everything else covered that I can think of.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:D. Welcome! Sounds like you have a busy house! You've definitely come to the right place for info! We all learn from each other and hope you love it here! Share those pics!! :up:

L

Lucy-licious

a warm welcome to you and Gizmo and the rest of your family :hiya:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN...... We'll help you get her allergies in order but I think you should get her stabilized on one food for a bit so we have a base to move from. 8 mo. is almost a little young for allergy testing. Their allergies tend to change as they mature. Hate to have you spend all that money and then have the allergies change. We have a food rating section that is compiled for bullies that may be of some help. A grain free, quality food is a good place to start.
But first things first......:pics: ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well, welcome aboard! Sounds like you already know a lot about bullies, feeding good snacks and all. I think I have heard after 1 year for allergy testing but could be wrong. My Miila has some allergies as well, tough to manage sometimes. We need pics! Victorian bullies are beautiful, no holding out on us please. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs! You sure have a full house... looking forward to pictures of your pack

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
Thanks for all of the kind responses! =) I'm new to the world of forums, and didn't realize I needed to come back and check my original post. Love all the comments btw! We have cut back on what Gizmo is eating right now. She gets 1.5 cups of TOTW as well as a heaping tbsp of pumpkin. we've been having some serious skin issues lately which has caused me to cut out all extra foods. I found a vet near us but couldn't get an appointment to see him till after the first of the year. My poor girl is having some serious issues. I hate seeing her miserable. I'm working on getting some photos posted, just not sure how to do it. Thanks again everyone for being so welcoming. as soon as i figure out the photo posting ...i'll be bombarding everyone with TONS of photos! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.