Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hello all...looking for new puppy advice!

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: hello all...looking for new puppy advice!

wanted to welcome you to EBN looks like you have been given excellent advice so I'm just going to add, enjoy that sweet little baby they are so much fun!!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

you've already gotten great advice on the food and potty questions. I just wanted to say
    Last edited by LariP; 11-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Has anyone heard of 'Be Fresh Dental Care Solution"? Was just doing research on teeth cleaning, breathe etc and came across this product and wanted to know if its any good or safe. It says you add it to their water. Aside from this product, how often should you be treating/brushing your bullys teeth?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony fiasco View Post
    Has anyone heard of 'Be Fresh Dental Care Solution"? Was just doing research on teeth cleaning, breathe etc and came across this product and wanted to know if its any good or safe. It says you add it to their water. Aside from this product, how often should you be treating/brushing your bullys teeth?

I haven't heard about that product..we get a toothpaste from our vet and use it..I am woefully bad at brushing teeth..but I try once a week.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Hi and welcome. I am also new with this website and owning a bulldog. My wife started crate training as soon as we got her. We have two crates/kennels. One is smaller for a puppy and one is bigger metal kennel for when she gets bigger. If you have a big kennel I would say get a smaller one because they dont like to pee or poop where they sleep so they will more than likely start crying if they want out. Our puppy was asking to go out every 2-3 hours. This was 8 weeks to about 11 weeks, but now we take her our before bed about 10ish and I wake up to go to work around 5am and take her out and she doesnt wake up anymore.

As for food, Im in the same boat as you I still am getting her off of Royal Canin and we are trying Orijin puppy. I will let you know how it goes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the help.
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully907 View Post
    Hi and welcome. I am also new with this website and owning a bulldog. My wife started crate training as soon as we got her. We have two crates/kennels. One is smaller for a puppy and one is bigger metal kennel for when she gets bigger. If you have a big kennel I would say get a smaller one because they dont like to pee or poop where they sleep so they will more than likely start crying if they want out. Our puppy was asking to go out every 2-3 hours. This was 8 weeks to about 11 weeks, but now we take her our before bed about 10ish and I wake up to go to work around 5am and take her out and she doesnt wake up anymore.

As for food, Im in the same boat as you I still am getting her off of Royal Canin and we are trying Orijin puppy. I will let you know how it goes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

I dont know if i should post here or look elsewhere, but for my fellow Toronto natives, does anyone know of a great vet in the scarborough that understands the bulldog breed well?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Can anyone let me know a safe/healthy age when to introduce yogurt or veggies etc to a new bully?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I dont know if i should post here or look elsewhere, but for my fellow Toronto natives, does anyone know of a great vet in the scarborough that understands the bulldog breed well?
    Can anyone let me know a safe/healthy age when to introduce yogurt or veggies etc to a new bully?

We do have a vet recommendation forum..but if there isn't one there, I think you should post a new thread so people will see it. In bulldog health??

As far as introducing yogurt nd fresh veggies, we started at 6 months.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the response! I guess since he'll only be 8 weeks just fromms food and healthy treats until he gets older thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    We do have a vet recommendation forum..but if there isn't one there, I think you should post a new thread so people will see it. In bulldog health??

As far as introducing yogurt nd fresh veggies, we started at 6 months.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the response! I guess since he'll only be 8 weeks just fromms food and healthy treats until he gets older thanks
    I will get @savemejeebus here..I think she is near you. Maybe she has some vet info for you!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Someone from the CKC recommended a vet in Campbellford. That's a really long way, in the Guelph area, but they really get a lot of bully patients. So if major surgery needs to be done, I highly suggest that you get their insight.

Some other Torontonians should chime in soon, but I take my boys to East York Animal Hospital. They prescribe holistic/homeopathic remedies, as well as the convential.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads