It happened!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:clap: This is such great news! How wonderful of you to open your heart and your home to this gorgeous Bully! You sound like you have things in hand. As far as the Benadryl, a ton of us use it or allergies. I'm not sure what his prescription is or, but antihistamines can be wide ranging. I would try Benadryl if it were me...but to be safe ask your vet. For sure a food change is in order down the road, but in good time! Again..:bravo:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh wow! Congrats! Mack is super handsome <3. You think you were obsessed before .... now that you have him, it only gets better from here!

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
You guys make me smile :D this is such a welcoming, informational community and everyone is friendly. Some forums people come across as very judgemental, but you guys are the total opposite! Someday (in the distant future) I will be throne dishing out advice. But for now it will be questions, and stories, oh yeah, and pics!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You guys make me smile :D this is such a welcoming, informational community and everyone is friendly. Some forums people come across as very judgemental, but you guys are the total opposite! Someday (in the distant future) I will be throne dishing out advice. But for now it will be questions, and stories, oh yeah, and pics!

I think stories and pics are great trades for advice. :yes: lol!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Mack is a DREAMBOAT!

When you ditch the Purina, I'm going to guess that Mack's need for allergy meds is going to GREATLY decrease.

So what's Mack's back story? How did you find him? I'm always just amazed when someone re-homes a perfectly perfect dog. My Bo was one of those. Lucky for us!!!!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's wonderful news!!! Welcome to Bully World!!!!!

I agree ... give him time to settle in to his new home and then begin to transition him on to a better food!! I would not be surprised if you discover those allergies starting to disappear!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH!!!! :welcome3: CONGRAT on you sweet baby girl!!!

:partytime::jumpdance::happydance::dance3:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Dude, that is awesome.. Welcome aboard. This community is absolutely fantastic and everyone makes you feel like home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Congrats! Alot of us are successful with fromm. Salmon has Kain farting more than others, surf and turf is best for us.

Enjoy the new family member...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

That I love! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN and 'Congratulations' on your Bully, that's a perfect age for adoption.

Mack is very handsome and thank you for giving him a loving, caring, forever home.

I adopted Brutus (5 y/o ?) just 4 months ago, he's my 1st bully. Altho he settled in with
us right away...about 2 months in when he fully trusted me and gave me all of his great
bully heart, it blew me away and I'm hooked for life, I'll have a bully from now on and
most likely from adoption. The rewards are priceless, their gratitude is overwhelming and
it is life changing...for them and for you!

2 months after we got Brutus, my 52 y/o husband of 26 yrs died of a heart attack. Brutus
is my rock and helps with the missing affection and physical touching I so miss. He also
loves me uncondionally...just as my Hubby did. I just couldn't sleep in my empty king bed
until I moved Brutus (and now my cat,CoCo who got very jealous) and it's helped so much.

Just wait until Mack totally gives you his heart and loyalty, it's a precious gift and you'll see
then, they really are very different from other dog breeds. That relationship you'll have will
be so rich, rewarding & just AWESOME in a completely satisfying way, you are in for a treat!

I switched his food several times, Avoderm's grain free, Red Meat Meal did wonderful things
for his allergies, his coat & stopped his nasty, constant farting, it can be bought at PetsMart
and is $48 for 33 lbs.

Try Benedryl for his allergies, if not effective then try Chlortabs (generic from Walmarts of a
different allergy med) but wait until y

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
YAY!!!! and a big :smiley welcome: to your new baby!!!!!!!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome and congratulations, he looks just perfectly handsome! Healthy bullie does not get kidney problems from protein. Good quality grain free will do wonders for him.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Welcome to EBN and 'Congratulations' on your Bully, that's a perfect age for adoption.

Mack is very handsome and thank you for giving him a loving, caring, forever home.

I adopted Brutus (5 y/o ?) just 4 months ago, he's my 1st bully. Altho he settled in with
us right away...about 2 months in when he fully trusted me and gave me all of his great
bully heart, it blew me away and I'm hooked for life, I'll have a bully from now on and
most likely from adoption. The rewards are priceless, their gratitude is overwhelming and
it is life changing...for them and for you!

2 months after we got Brutus, my 52 y/o husband of 26 yrs died of a heart attack. Brutus
is my rock and helps with the missing affection and physical touching I so miss. He also
loves me uncondionally...just as my Hubby did. I just couldn't sleep in my empty king bed
until I moved Brutus (and now my cat,CoCo who got very jealous) and it's helped so much.

Just wait until Mack totally gives you his heart and loyalty, it's a precious gift and you'll see
then, they really are very different from other dog breeds. That relationship you'll have will
be so rich, rewarding & just AWESOME in a completely satisfying way, you are in for a treat!

I switched his food several times, Avoderm's grain free, Red Meat Meal did wonderful things
for his allergies, his coat & stopped his nasty, constant farting, it can be bought at PetsMart
and is $48 for 33 lbs.

Try Benedryl for his allergies, if not effective then try Chlortabs (generic from Walmarts of a
different allergy med) but wait until y

I'm so sorry about your husband. I look forward to the day Mack and I are as close as you and Brutis.

Thanks for the recommendations for my current questions :rolleyes:

And to everyone else thanks again!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.