It happened!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I hadnt posted an introduction yet because I didn't actually HAVE an EBD yet, but I was a member falling more and more in love with the breed. I posted once asking about reputable breeders, and got so much feedback! Thank you for the information! Clearly everyone here is a passionate group.

Then I posted a rant about the rollercoaster of trying to adopt/rescue/purchase, and again I received an outpouring of support and kind words from many members.

TODAY I AM POSTING BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY A NEW ENGLISH BULLDOG MOM!

He is 3 years old, and so far has been AMAZING! He is sweet, stubborn, smart, and already is housebroken, and does a few tricks. He is very food motivated, but also very stubborn, so we are trying to teach him a few more. It has only been a few days though, so we are also trying to give him time to adjust.

He does have allergies, his previous owner says they are seasonal, so he is on an antihistamine (sp?) she gave me. I dont know if she wasnt giving them to him (because then why fill the Rx right?) But his eyes have improved significantly since we picked him up Tuesday night. I will post the name of his medicine later, because I was wondering if i can switch to Benadryl when we run out. Which will be soon since it is currently 4 pills per day.

He also is not eating very good food, but I dont want to switch it just yet, until he is a little more acclimated to his new home. She said she tried multiple higher end foods, and he prefers Purina Dog Chow. (seriously?) But he hasnt been eating all that much just yet, so I would rather let him settle in before switching. I think if his appetite doesnt increase by Sunday I will buy a higher quality food. I read somewhere that some foods have too much protein and can give bulldogs kidney problems. How do I know how much protein is too much? Maybe I will make another seperate post about all of my questions. Even though I have been stalking the forum for weeks/months I have so many more now that he is finally here! Like a mom probably feels about her human baby! LOL

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, PICTURES! (cell phone pics, sorry about the quality)

IMAG0210.jpgIMAG0215.jpgIMAG0212.jpgIMAG0213.jpgIMAG0214.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 148
OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
oh yeah, I forgot to mention: His name is Mack. We like it. We are going to keep it. It suits him. :excited:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
awesome!! congrats on your new family member.Mack is super cute!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
He is beautiful. I have only had the one EBD that I presently have but I started her on homemade dogfood as soon as I picked her up as a puppy and she has been on it ever since. I do use Blue Buffalo in a pinch if I am on the road and my husband has to take care of Amber. I have tagged a few extremely knowledgeable and experience bulldog owners that maybe able to give you some advice. Good luck.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How wonderful! Mack sounds and looks awesome!

When we first got HRH she didnt eat much for the first week or so. But she was more than happy when we switched foods.
After she got adjusted to her new home.

As far as what to choose check out the food rating article on the home page. Pick something in the four star or better. All the foods there should be fine for a bully. Most bullies do best with the grain free types. And our princess does better with no chicken or salmon. Just transition over a couple weeks. You may need to try several different foods before you find the best one for Mack.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Welcome and Congratulations on getting Mack, he is very handsome!! You will be surprised with a good healthy food how some of his allergy problems may lessen over time, I'm not saying it will be a magic cure but it could help a great deal. Looking forward to a lot more pictures of Mack

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: congratulations he is very cute I would switch that food as soon as he's all comfy in your house his eyes do look a little swollen but I'm glad you are on here to figure it out that's why I love this place people will help you with anything you need good luck an congratulations on your new baby its awesome that you rescued their are so many out there that need it

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Congrats!!! I love the name Mack and how wonderful you were able to adopt!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Congratulations!!! Mack is ADORABLE!! You must be so excited! When we first picked Gio up from his previous owners (we adopted him at 20months) he was on Blue Buffalo, not a bad a food but his :poo: weren't solid... it took us about 4 foods till we found Fromm and it agreed with him! It might take 1 food switch, 2 or more but you will eventually find one that will fit him! Have so much fun with him and post lot's of pictures! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh my goodness, Mack is gorgeous! I know you got frustrated - see things happen for a reason. I'm very happy for you!!!

:jumpdance::jumpdance::jumpdance::jumpdance::jumpdance::jumpdance::jumpdance:

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Isn't adopting wonderful just can't explain it - looks like Mack is adjusting OK He will get used to his forever home pretty quick if you just give him all the love he can stand

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
Welcome, I switched my boy to Fromm also. It may help with some of the allergies. It's worth a try, but you want to make sure to switch slowly.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Looks like you got very lucky with Mack as he looks so adorable, Congratulations

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.