Got my puppy back!!!!!!!!!!!!

JROBERT

Oct 28, 2012
Blum, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly Mae
Hi yall my name is Jay and I have a 6 mth Olde English Bulldog and her name is Molly Mae... We have had a rough start! I got her when she was 6 weeks old and we were making good progress with her separation issues when my ex broke into my house and took her (at 8 weeks) and several other items, that was 4 mths ago. Well, the law finally caught up with her and I got everything back including my precious little puppy, 3 days ago, and as most of yall probably know my cute little 8 week old puppy is no longer a little puppy! She has gotten BIG!!! So we are going through an adjustment period right now. I have not yet got her a kennel but plan on going today after work (found out she is very fond of coasters, letters, blinds, pillows, rugs, my grandmother quilt, my sons toys, and probably some other things I haven't found yet lol). It took me all of the first two days giving her constant praise, treats, and positive reinforcement for her to warm up to me. Her first day home I came to the realization that something had happened to her that I was afraid was going to happen. After taking a few treats from me she got really skittish (more than previously) and started to run from me in fear and hide behind objects in the house where she thought she would be safe from me. I kept asking her what was wrong and telling her everything was going to be ok that she was finally home and nothing bad was going to happen to her. I couldn't figure out what I had done to make her react in such a way so I figured I would give her awhile to adjust. So I went on about my business around the house and discovered she had an accident (perfectly acceptable in a new environment where she may have felt trapped). That is when I realized that my beautiful sweet little puppy had been treated badly by the person she thought was supposed to be taking care of her.
To sum it up I am going to do my best to teach Molly that not every person in her life is going to treat her bad and that it is ok to make mistakes. We have quite a bit of work to do but she is a very sweet, smart, loving "puppy" and we are happy to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to learning from everyone and sharing in our experiences. If yall have any advice please do not hesitate to share as I am always open to suggestion.

Jay & Molly Mae

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
So glad to hear the good news!!!! and welcome back. i think you're on the right track of showing her affection and trust, keep that up and she'll want to do anything you ask of her. She can't train if she has too much fear. Good luck, congratulations and keep in touch.

:2thumbs:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi and :welcome: to EBN. Glad you got her back. She will adjust with time and patience and consistency in her training. Patience will be your key too. Lots and lots of praise and encouragement will be needed. It may get frustrating at times but try to keep that at pay, especially if she's not fully potty trained yet. Looking forward to seeing a picture of Molly Mae. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... Just ask questions as they come up. There are some VERY experienced bully puppy people here more than happy to help you. My only advice is give lots of hugs and kisses and shower her with affection... she will eventully come around... Thanx for joining and feel free to join right in. ;)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Welcome to Mollie Mae - oh she will be spoiled here on EBN!!! I'm glad you got your baby back!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm happy you got Mollie Mae back too. You sound like a very loving and concerned bulldog daddy and I'm sure you and she will be bonding wonderfully.
Welcome to EBN!

L

Lucy-licious

so god that you and your baby girl are back together. I'm sure with lots of praise and loving she will soon forget she was scared once :hug:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Welcome to EBN Jay, glad you and Molly Mae have been reunited! Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm glad she is back with you. When my husband rescued his old dog penny he couldn't even touch her with his hands she didn't know what you were doing she was in an apartment for two months with only ketchup & mustard to eat it was horrible he finally got her to come close an pet her with his feet but only with socks it took along time butt she finally came around an she was a good dog to the people she knew we ended up having to put her down she bit a couple people she had a really hard life but we worked with her. An she's young to so I hope she forgets all about what happened to her just give her lots & lots of love an I wouldn't make a fuss if she does go in the house cause I'm sure that's why she was hiding in the first place good luck I'm glad she's with someone that will love her an treat her right.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
What wonderful news. I can't even imagine the stress that was involved in this whole circumstance for Molly Mae and you!!

OP
J

JROBERT

Oct 28, 2012
Blum, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly Mae
Thank yall very much for the responses they are all very nice! I would like to respond to each one individually but I really didn't think anyone would comment on my post. It makes me feel good about this site to know that there are caring people that actually take the time to read and respond to posts, especially the introduction post. I will try to post some pics of Molly Mae soon and I enjoy looking at the pics of yall's dogs as well. Like I said before thank you all and I am looking forward to learning more about the breed and discussing what is best for the health and well-being of Molly Mae.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:clap: So glad to hear you are together again. It's amazing what humans do to each other, let alone innocent critters. Just give her love and let her know she is safe. It won't be long and she will learn to "live in the moment". You sound like you are doing everything right. So very happy for you and Sweet Molly Mae..:hug:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I cannot imagine what I would do if someone took my Remi - the bond you develop with these animals in such a short time is unparalleled.

The more you spend with her, the sooner she'll come around. Good luck my friend!! Glad to see you 2 reunited.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: hope to see some pics and progress updates of Molly Mae soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online