Hi Guys!

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
Hey everyone! I'm new here (obviously :D). After admiring the EBD for years, I'm finally in a position to add one to my home. I've been in contact with several breeders, and I can't wait to finally get a puppy.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING!! I can't stress that enough. What kind of guarantee does the breeder offer. Do not accept oh, All bullys have that. They don't. Get references of previous purchasers and Call them and ask them about their dog's health and temperament. Make sure you take your pup to a Bulldog vet right away and be ready to return it to the breeder if any palette or joint issues show. If you have even a little issue with the joints you'll have a big one before all is said and done. Find out who the breeder's vet is and ask about the parents health (both parents if possible) even if it means long distance calls.

I don't want to be an alarmist but after dealing with a walking vet bill for 8 years, I'm more than a little gun shy.

Read everything about bully feeding and foods you find on this site. It's got quite a lot of good information. Also read as many of the threads as you can. It will be a great education on what problems bullys can face and how folks are dealing with those problems. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
ame16

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING!! I can't stress that enough. What kind of guarantee does the breeder offer. Do not accept oh, All bullys have that. They don't. Get references of previous purchasers and Call them and ask them about their dog's health and temperament. Make sure you take your pup to a Bulldog vet right away and be ready to return it to the breeder if any palette or joint issues show. If you have even a little issue with the joints you'll have a big one before all is said and done. Find out who the breeder's vet is and ask about the parents health (both parents if possible) even if it means long distance calls.

I don't want to be an alarmist but after dealing with a walking vet bill for 8 years, I'm more than a little gun shy.

Read everything about bully feeding and foods you find on this site. It's got quite a lot of good information. Also read as many of the threads as you can. It will be a great education on what problems bullys can face and how folks are dealing with those problems. Good luck.

Thank you. I'm definitely doing my research. I actually started looking for an EBD about 5 years ago, but then I decided to go to law school and realized that it wasn't the best time to add a puppy to my home. Nevertheless, I continued to read up on the breed during that time, because I knew I wanted an EBD at some point in my life.

I've contacted several breeders and I've narrowed it down to two. From my research, both seem very reputable and well respected in the community, but I plan on asking around about both of them before making a final decision.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome3: to EBN! Glad you're doing your research. If at all possible see if you can get a couple of references. Good luck on your search and can't wait to see your new addition when he/she arrives.

Oh, make yourself at home and jump right on in. :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Welcome!! You must be so excited!! And glad you joined now, you will be more then ready when he/she arrives!! Do you have any preference of a boy or girl??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and so glad you joined, plus good luck with your search for you pup.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Welcome to the site....lots of great info here. Once you narrow it down and decide on a pup, we all love pics. And that's not a hint.....it's a demand around here. :yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Extending a warm welcome to you and looking forward to your pics of your baby bully!

It sounds like you've done 'due diligence' on the breed so you should be fine.

I fell in love with Son's GF's bully, a handsome, champion 3 y/o that was fine until then
and BOOM, started having all sorts of problems. She had always wanted one but knew
nothing about the breed and/or the potential for problems.

I had started my search for a breeder but got a call about a 5 y/o male needing a home.

Drove 4 hrs to get him and Brutus & I have never looked back.

I talk a lot about getting a baby but really, my heart is now for rehoming these great creatures.

It's so rewarding to give one in need...a great home full of love and proper care.

I am Brutus's 4th owner (that I know of), his teeth are worn down from being excessively crated
and I had to teach him how to play, with me or with bones & toys...he'd had neither.

We've been together 4 months but feel like we've ALWAYS been together! Texas Carol & Brutus

Cyndi

Aug 7, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ (English), CeCe (Frenchie)
Well, congratulations in advance! I am a new mommy to an EBD. Never had even seen one in person! My husband was the one to put the bug in my ear. After much research on breeders and the breed itself we were blessed with an amazing little boy! He is 5 months tomorrow and I can't believe how much I love this baby. I have two human children and one furry one! He is such a part of the family and such a love. I had no idea how loving and loyal a dog could be. He is so wonderful, I could go on for hours.......

Enjoy your new family member when you finally bring him or her home. You'll wonder what you ever did before they walked into your life!!!!

-Cyndi

:2thumbs:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm so excited for you! Getting Herman was one of the most exciting days of my life - love at first site, there is no way I could have turned away without bringing him home!!!!

Welcome to EBN, everyone here is so nice and will to help and offer advice (I'm sure you know that by now)!!

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Welcome!!!! [: Can't wait to see pictures of you new baby.
They are a huge commitment, more so than a regular dog, as my husband puts its "English bulldogs are the kids with asthma of the dog world" it seems like so many of us are constantly posting about something being wrong with our babies.
But they are worth it 1,000% I wouldnt trade my Stoagie for anything,he's my best friend. <3
ANYWHO! Welcome and good luck on your search

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN..... I hope a bully finds you soon. You sound like you would be a good minion for a bully. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.