Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone let me introduce myself, my name is Monica, and I am the proud new mommy of 2 English Bulldog babies. They are 8 months old now, and are brother and sister. Their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. Now you might ask how I was crazy enough to get two puppies at the same time, especially 2 Bullies. Well here is my story, I had a Jack Russell named Oreo for 14 years , and she passed away 2 years ago September, she had cancer at the end. After she passed away, I said to my husband and son, no more dogs. I am 51 yrs old, have been with my husband for 35 years, I have a 30 yr old daughter, and a 32 year old son. My daughter has a 5 yr old son, and I look after him about 45 hours a week. I also work 3 days a week at a dental office, where I have been for the last 14 years. So you can see I have a full busy life. I had been missing having a dog in the house and in my life, so was thinking about getting another dog. I have always loved the English Bulldog breed, with all their wrinkles. A friend of mine has 6 of them in her family, between her parents, her brother and herself. She had all6 of them dressed in tuxedos or bows at her wedding. Too cute. I started looking for breeders and e mailing breeders for pics and information on puppies in the spring. I found a couple and was also considering getting a French bulldog, as they are smaller, but still resemble the English Bulldog. But my family nixed that, being men. They wanted the bigger bulldog. I found a breeder and told my husband that I wanted a bulldog for Mother's Day. I always said if I ever got an English Bulldog I would want a male and I would call him Bulldozer. I contacted the breeder, and made an appointment to come and visit the male that I saw on his website. We went on the Friday before Mother's Day and spent about an hour playing with the 2 puppies he had left, there was Dozey and his sister. I fell in love with Bulldozer, and bought him immediately. I asked the man if I could leave him ther over the weekend as I had to go out and purchase my supplies for the new baby, and it was Mother's Day weekend and we were busy and wouldn't be home. We came back on Sunday to pick up Bulldozer, and the breeder brought both puppies upstairs, it old him I wanted the male, and he said " oh I thought you wanted both of them". I said no, just the boy. Lol. My husband then jumps in and says no we want both?? I looked at him and said " Are you crazy? He said we can't leave her here by herself look how cute she is. Unbeknownst to me my husband had called the day before and asked if the girl was still available. He told the breeder we would take both. So that's how we ended up with 2 crazy balls of cuteness. We haven't looked back, and are enjoying every minute of them. They are both very different. Dozer is much more laid back, and mellow, he doesn't like to walk ,doesn't care what you do to him.brush his coat, or his teeth,give him a bath, he just lays there. But he is a bit of a jumper and a nipper, he gets to excited and jumps up on you, and if you are crouched down, you better watch your face or you'll get a bully in the face. Blossom is my crazy girl, she has much more energy than her brother, she loves to go on long walks, and has a bounce to her walk, and a wiggle in her bum when she walks. She loves the car, and she loves to cuddle. But most of all she loves her food. When she hears her food being made, she smashes her body against her crate whines like crazy. When you let her out in the morning, she stampedes to her bowl, and inhales her food. I have to feed her by herself, and then feed Dozer after, because she will inhale her food, then, go after his, and then on to the cat food. I should have called her Miss Piggy. Lol. I found this website while searching the computer for information on dog foods, and am glad I did. I am enjoying sharing my babies, and seeing other people's pics on the web, and I am finding a lot of useful information, and learning a lot about the breed. I am enjoying sharing blogs with other bulldog owners.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: I love your story, I bred my Bitch and kept 3 of her pups, they will be 2 on Nov. 30 I loved raising them together, It's a blast. So glad you found us.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I loved reading your story Biking girl! And what a surprise that was for, what a sweet hubby!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Now Monica... you can't come in here talking about cute puppies and not provide pictures :nope: So go back out and try it again :tongue:

I love your story... I'm curious though, what was his motive to not telling you that he already arranged to get both pups? Was it to surprise you, or was he afraid that you may not initially agree?

Oh, and :welcome:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
:welcome: What a comprehensive and interesting introduction! Welcome to the bully club!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, and I always say, "Everyone needs more than one bully".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great surprise for you from the hubby... excellent story!

Welcoem to the site and best of luck with the babies..... :pics:

stephayne

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Motley
Welcome! What a sweet story, when we got Motley we had to leave her sister behind, the kids cried the day we picked her up and left her sister all by herself we would have loved to take them both but as you all know bullies are not cheap so we had to tell her bye as we took her sister. Anyway, love the story, where are the pics??

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Such a lovely intro! And what a great hubby you have! Can't wait to see pics of your babies ... The more the better!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN! What a wonderful story and husband!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: what fun! Can't wait to see pics!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hi Monica and :welcome: ...... that's such a fantastic story. I hope you gave your hubby a big hug!!!!!

And I have to join in with the rest of them now ..........where are the pics!

We freely admit that we are all total bully addicts here, and until you give us pictures of your bullies to swoon over then the forum will be hassling you!! :lol:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:smileywelcome: I love your story, I bred my Bitch and kept 3 of her pups, they will be 2 on Nov. 30 I loved raising them together, It's a blast. So glad you found us.
Thanks Sherry, I'm having a lot of fun learning about bulldogs, and sharing with other bulldog owners. Thanks for welcoming me

Most Reactions