Hello everyone, new Bully owner and new to this forum, have some questions???

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Hi there and welcome to EBN! You have some very good advice up above. I had Wilson neutered when he was one for two reasons, he was marking and we brought Emma home. He still marks occasionally though and nothing I can do will stop that. It doesn't happen too often. He also marks his beds as well. I really think that is more like he's doing it when he sleeps though? @2BullyMama is right though, Bulldogs aren't physically able to clean themselves by licking their boy parts like other dogs are. Wilson's in his kiddy pool all summer so I sorta forget about it. My older dog used to keep him clean which at the time I thought was disgusting but when realized it was actually for a physical reason I understood. When he passed the cleaning became my job, luckily I only have to do that in the off season, winter.

Cash is not neutered so I know exactly what you are talking about with the discharge situation. I resolved the issue by working it into my daily morning routine. By adding cleaning Cash's wee wee discharge when I clean his wrinkles it doesn't become so time consuming.

When I read JeannieCO say her other dog took over the job in the summer, I laughed out loud and thought a great idea- (at least I thought it was a good idea)

If we get another bulldog they can clean each other! ha!
When I took my idea to my boyfriend he wasn't as convinced.
Cash may not think it is a good idea to share his mommy either- but boy oh boy would I love to have another baby to cuddle with.

I also wanted to agree with TexasCarol about a bulldog isn't for everyone. If you aren't into grooming dogs, then the bulldog breed isn't for you.
I hope that Sherman had a chance to warm over someones heart and have a happy home.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.