Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello everyone, new Bully owner and new to this forum, have some questions???

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello everyone, new Bully owner and new to this forum, have some questions???

Hi there and welcome to EBN! You have some very good advice up above. I had Wilson neutered when he was one for two reasons, he was marking and we brought Emma home. He still marks occasionally though and nothing I can do will stop that. It doesn't happen too often. He also marks his beds as well. I really think that is more like he's doing it when he sleeps though? @2BullyMama is right though, Bulldogs aren't physically able to clean themselves by licking their boy parts like other dogs are. Wilson's in his kiddy pool all summer so I sorta forget about it. My older dog used to keep him clean which at the time I thought was disgusting but when realized it was actually for a physical reason I understood. When he passed the cleaning became my job, luckily I only have to do that in the off season, winter.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello everyone, new Bully owner and new to this forum, have some questions???

Welcome to EBN and to the wonders of Bully ownership! I was at Petsmart today and was asked
    about owning a bulldog and my reply...it's not for everyone. My hope is that you don't give up on
    him too quickly, these problems could and probably do, have simple solutions. The doggy smell
    is probably from eating a food he is allergic too, grain free is best for bullies. Neutering will relieve
    the urge to mark and his discharge may be from an infection, please have him checked for that.

If owning a bulldog is not for you please let me offer to take him as I've adopted a 5 y/o male and
    am looking to adopt another Bully. Brutus gets along with everyone and everything and it sounds
    like Sherman is as easygoing too.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers that all will be resolved and quickly because your boys
    could not have a better dog to love them. Do keep my offer in mind if not as I will give Sherman a great
    and loving home. Texas Carol & Brutus

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

great advice above, just wanted to say Hi

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Allison Simpson
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cassius aka "Cash"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Hi there and welcome to EBN! You have some very good advice up above. I had Wilson neutered when he was one for two reasons, he was marking and we brought Emma home. He still marks occasionally though and nothing I can do will stop that. It doesn't happen too often. He also marks his beds as well. I really think that is more like he's doing it when he sleeps though? @2BullyMama is right though, Bulldogs aren't physically able to clean themselves by licking their boy parts like other dogs are. Wilson's in his kiddy pool all summer so I sorta forget about it. My older dog used to keep him clean which at the time I thought was disgusting but when realized it was actually for a physical reason I understood. When he passed the cleaning became my job, luckily I only have to do that in the off season, winter.
    Cash is not neutered so I know exactly what you are talking about with the discharge situation. I resolved the issue by working it into my daily morning routine. By adding cleaning Cash's wee wee discharge when I clean his wrinkles it doesn't become so time consuming.

When I read JeannieCO say her other dog took over the job in the summer, I laughed out loud and thought a great idea- (at least I thought it was a good idea)

If we get another bulldog they can clean each other! ha!
    When I took my idea to my boyfriend he wasn't as convinced.
    Cash may not think it is a good idea to share his mommy either- but boy oh boy would I love to have another baby to cuddle with.

I also wanted to agree with TexasCarol about a bulldog isn't for everyone. If you aren't into grooming dogs, then the bulldog breed isn't for you.
    I hope that Sherman had a chance to warm over someones heart and have a happy home.

Happy New Year From the Simpson Family

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by asimpson View Post
    When I read JeannieCO say her other dog took over the job in the summer, I laughed out loud and thought a great idea- (at least I thought it was a good idea)
    True story too. Ace used to keep Wilson clean. I called it the "drive by" clean.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads