What did I get myself into?!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Hello everyone! I'm Jane. It's so awesome to find a forum with other English bulldog owners. The husband and I are new owners, and completely in over our heads! I am personally reaching deep inside of myself to find the patience of mother Teresa.

I've had dogs growing up - labs, huskies, collies, etc. Larger dogs full of energy, and always from puppies. I have some experience, but never as one of the parties fully responsible for the care and well-being of the animal. So, this is definitely an adventure for us.

A little bit about how I got here:
At some point I think I decided I didn't want kids, but I didn't necessary want to miss out on the experience entirely. Getting a dog seemed like a great trial. I mean, so far we've handled plants and cats just fine. Getting a dog just made sense. Plus I am a huge animal lover and supporter. After 6 months of research on the breed that would best fit our life style, we realized the bulldog was really the only breed we wanted to get. After looking for one within our price range, we finally took the plunge. I'm also a huge cat lover (We have 2) and really wanted to find a dog that was chill enough to handle the interaction. So far so good.

Wow, you're still reading? Cool.

Our puppy is 13 weeks old and we named him Sir. Remington. Here he is!
fatso.jpg

I have a particular issue that I would love your feedback on, but will post in the respective forum. See you all soon!!

Last edited:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Welcome ! ! !

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Love his name :-) Welcome and I guess will be looking for your question elsewhere on the forum. P.S. you have defintiely come to the right place with any bullie questions etc...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, I totally hear you...the puppy phase is tough but that's why they make them cute! And he IS!

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Yes!! I was totally delighted and terrified to know that bulldogs have a ~24 month puppy period.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Puppy stage can be rough, but patience, patience, patience. Stay calm and teach him the things you expect of him. He will get there.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome, Remington is adorable. I agree with David totally PATIENCE!! I raised two boys and they are adults, Vegas was my "empty nester" and I swear was more work than having a baby. He is 3.5 yrs now and very laid back.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I love that name! Boy does he look like he has 'tude!!! I second the cute nose!! Looking for your other thread now :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: Jane to EBN! Sir Remmington is quite handsome. I really liked your introduction too, made me feel like I was standing in front of you listening to you talk. Glad you found us! :peace2:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION] that guy has got some serious "stink eye" he the boss for sure. :laugh:

Oh my we are going to have some good times. He's a heart breaker and totally adorabull

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wondeful world of Bulldogs!'

He is handsome, but WOW.... :stinkeye:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hello and welcome to ebn. i love the name it suits him. i cant wait to see and hear stories.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online