Hi from the coal region of Pennsylvinia - Pictures added!!

L

Lucy-licious

Re: Hi from the coal region of Pennsylvinia!

Welcome to our humble home, come in, come in and pull up a seat by the fire :hug:

so sorry for your loss of Maggie I'm sure that during her 10 years she brought you lots of laughter I hope you will share some with us when you are ready to.

I look forward to the upcoming pics of your son getting his birthday wish xx

OP
EBD4ever

EBD4ever

Oct 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (RIP) Izabelle "Izzy"

WOW! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I feel like family already. This website is such a great place and is full of information. I never thought to join a bulldog fourm when we had Maggie. After reading everyone's replys I started looking for older pictures of her and I found some I haven't seen in awhile. I was shocked on how much she changed over the years. I will have to post some of them up. I feels good to know other people are interested in hearing about maggies life and the things I have learned form her. Oh and for the people wondering what part of PA I'm from the town is called Shamokin which is about an hour north of Harrisburg. I'll post some pictures and more of the story on how we got maggie etc as soon as I get the chance. Again it's great to be here!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Hi and :welcome3 to EBN. I’m so sorry about your family’s loss of Maggie May. I lost one of my best friends earlier this year and miss him much still. We lost his littermate brother last year – they were 12 & 13. What a wonderful birthday wish for your son to make – the love and companionship of a dog is priceless. We got Wilson 3 weeks after Orion passed last year and three weeks after that we rescued Jack, our non bully. I did the same thing, thought for sure I couldn’t get another right away – well that didn’t last either. Then we got Emma soon after Ace passed this year. Now we have a new generation of fur kids that warm our hearts and home again.

Looking forward to seeing your new addition!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

dog.jpg

Most sincere condolences...and congrats are in order. May the new pup help heal your broken hearts.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow

aw sorry to hear about maggie. yes they sure do bring alot of joy to the household. i cant wait to see pics of your new bully. :yes:

OP
EBD4ever

EBD4ever

Oct 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (RIP) Izabelle "Izzy"

Updated my first post with puppy pictures!!!! We just love her so much already!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Matt from PA and just last week we had to put down our wonderful bully Maggie May. For the past 10 years she was the most enjoyable dog I have ever owned! Needless to say my entire family is devastated. We are at a loss without her. We don't know what to do with ourselves now that she is gone. My wife and I swore that we would never get another dog after her because there's no way we could be that lucky again. Well we lasted about a week and a half. Yesterday was my son's 12th birthday and Maggie was his best friend. When he made a wish before he blew out the candles he said Ruff Ruff since he knew your wish wouldn't come true if you say the name of what you wish for. So guess where I am going this Saturday! Found a good breeder about 2 hrs away who has 3 puppies left. More then likely I would like to get another female. So thats my story for now. I'll be sure to start a new thread when we get our new puppy.

Well we went Saturday and picked up our new addition to the family! I am pleased to introduce to EBN our new puppy Isabelle! The kids call her Izzy for short. When we got out of the car and the kids came running outside the first thing my son said was "Maggie would be happy for us dad" Those words really gave me peace with the guilt I was having for getting a new dog so soon. Izzy has been an absolute joy the past 3 days. She's 12 weeks old and the first night the kids slept with her on floor. I got her to go in her crate the second day using a treat then after the kids tired her out I put her in for the night and the wife slept out on the couch in case she needed to go out in the middle of the night. I thought it was going to be a long niight of crying and barking since this was her first time in a crate. She wimpered for about 5 min then I heard nothing. Fell sleep and woke up the next day waiting to see a tired wife that didn't get any sleep. Well that little stinker slept ALL night with no waking up to pee and she didn't mess in her cage! I couldn't belive it and figured it was a fluke and the next night would be hell. Put her in the crate last night without a wimper, and slept all night again with out a mess or pee break!! How could one be so lucky!!! Everyone that came by just loves her and she loves giving kisses!! Here are a few pictures I took of the first day home.

Ride home in the car
View attachment 28380

:bump: pictures!!

Most Reactions