Hi from the coal region of Pennsylvinia - Pictures added!!

EBD4ever

Oct 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (RIP) Izabelle "Izzy"
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Matt from PA and just last week we had to put down our wonderful bully Maggie May. For the past 10 years she was the most enjoyable dog I have ever owned! Needless to say my entire family is devastated. We are at a loss without her. We don't know what to do with ourselves now that she is gone. My wife and I swore that we would never get another dog after her because there's no way we could be that lucky again. Well we lasted about a week and a half. Yesterday was my son's 12th birthday and Maggie was his best friend. When he made a wish before he blew out the candles he said Ruff Ruff since he knew your wish wouldn't come true if you say the name of what you wish for. So guess where I am going this Saturday! Found a good breeder about 2 hrs away who has 3 puppies left. More then likely I would like to get another female. So thats my story for now. I'll be sure to start a new thread when we get our new puppy.

Well we went Saturday and picked up our new addition to the family! I am pleased to introduce to EBN our new puppy Isabelle! The kids call her Izzy for short. When we got out of the car and the kids came running outside the first thing my son said was "Maggie would be happy for us dad" Those words really gave me peace with the guilt I was having for getting a new dog so soon. Izzy has been an absolute joy the past 3 days. She's 12 weeks old and the first night the kids slept with her on floor. I got her to go in her crate the second day using a treat then after the kids tired her out I put her in for the night and the wife slept out on the couch in case she needed to go out in the middle of the night. I thought it was going to be a long niight of crying and barking since this was her first time in a crate. She wimpered for about 5 min then I heard nothing. Fell sleep and woke up the next day waiting to see a tired wife that didn't get any sleep. Well that little stinker slept ALL night with no waking up to pee and she didn't mess in her cage! I couldn't belive it and figured it was a fluke and the next night would be hell. Put her in the crate last night without a wimper, and slept all night again with out a mess or pee break!! How could one be so lucky!!! Everyone that came by just loves her and she loves giving kisses!! Here are a few pictures I took of the first day home.

Ride home in the car
2012-10-06_14-30-59_338.jpg

Attachments

• Jr and maggie.jpg
    Jr and maggie.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 2012-10-06_14-02-42_190.jpg
    2012-10-06_14-02-42_190.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 113
  • 2012-10-06_19-20-18_950.jpg
    2012-10-06_19-20-18_950.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 2012-10-06_20-26-50_754.jpg
    2012-10-06_20-26-50_754.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome to EBN! Sorry to hear about your loss of Maggie Mae. :(

We will be looking forward to seeing your new pup. They never replace them, but bring their own happiness and Maggie would want you to be happy :). :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Re: Hi from the coal region of Pennsylvinia!

Oh my goodness your story both breaks and warms my heart! First I'm so sorry for your families loss it's never enough time with our beloved bullies and second I'm so glad you have decided to open your hearts to a new bullie I hope she will be everything and more then wished for! Can't wait to see pictures.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth

welcome!!
I'm from the Poconos but living in Pittsburgh, so I'm likely familiar with your neck of the woods ;)

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy

So sorry to hear about Maggie May. 10 years! That is great for a Bully--but the loss still mkaes our hearts ache.

How exciting--a puppy! Yeaaa!

Hey, I grew up in Hazleton but haven't lived there in 21 years. It was a great place to grow up.

Keep us posted on the new baby.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

:welcome: So sorry to hear about sweet Maggie, and looking forward to seeing pics of your new pup!!! I am sure you have lots of stories and advice to give on here having Maggie for 10 years, just jump right in and enjoy the site.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

:welcome: we would love you to share stories and pics of Maggie as well as the new puppy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So sorry for your loss.... our bullies sure know how to touch a place no other does!

Welcome to EBN and best of luck with you new bully.... looking forward to pictures.

Also, my brother lives in Meshoppen... not far from coal country. Where are you in NE PA?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved pet, but of course I'm sure your knew your swearing off dogs couldn't last too long, not even two weeks! I'm happy you found a new baby who well definitely help keep the memories of Maggie alive!

I'll be out in the Poconos next weekend, in Tobyhanna.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank

:butterfly: sorry to hear about your loss I had just lost a dog to in march he was 14 (pitbull) it took 3 months for us to get a new dog we said the same thing but we thought are female was depressed an so was I my husband found Franklin an couldn't resist that cute face it brightened up are lives I hope your's will do the same for your family it gets better as time goes on but we will never replace the love we had for are dogs we just add on to it good luck with your new bully an. :smileywelcome: to ebn

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Matt from PA and just last week we had to put down our wonderful bully Maggie May. For the past 10 years she was the most enjoyable dog I have ever owned! Needless to say my entire family is devastated. We are at a loss without her. We don't know what to do with ourselves now that she is gone. My wife and I swore that we would never get another dog after her because there's no way we could be that lucky again. Well we lasted about a week and a half. Yesterday was my son's 12th birthday and Maggie was his best friend. When he made a wish before he blew out the candles he said Ruff Ruff since he knew your wish wouldn't come true if you say the name of what you wish for. So guess where I am going this Saturday! Found a good breeder about 2 hrs away who has 3 puppies left. More then likely I would like to get another female. So thats my story for now. I'll be sure to start a new thread when we get our puppy!!

<------ Born and Bred in the Harrisburg Area :) so WELCOME :) :) :) if you decide to Adopt a rescue pup, I can put you in touch with a few on the east coast.

Oh we are living in Delaware now :) :)

Rick and Dottie
Human Companions to Gizmo and Hershey :) :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy

:smileywelcome:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie

Welcome to the site and sorry to hear about your sweet Maggie. Looking forward in seeing your new pup.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Matt from PA and just last week we had to put down our wonderful bully Maggie May. For the past 10 years she was the most enjoyable dog I have ever owned! Needless to say my entire family is devastated. We are at a loss without her. We don't know what to do with ourselves now that she is gone. My wife and I swore that we would never get another dog after her because there's no way we could be that lucky again. Well we lasted about a week and a half. Yesterday was my son's 12th birthday and Maggie was his best friend. When he made a wish before he blew out the candles he said Ruff Ruff since he knew your wish wouldn't come true if you say the name of what you wish for. So guess where I am going this Saturday! Found a good breeder about 2 hrs away who has 3 puppies left. More then likely I would like to get another female. So thats my story for now. I'll be sure to start a new thread when we get our puppy!!

:welcome: .... we lost our darling Maggie on 31st May. We were devastated, and still are. We didn't think anything could replace our baby, and we were right, but along came our rescue foster, Bella, who has huffed, puffed, and wiggled her way into her hearts. Another bulldog can't replace the hole left by our Maggies but it sure helps to fill a part of it.

I can't wait to see more pics!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

:hiya: I'm very sorry about Miss Maggie. You've come to the right place. We are like a big family and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Like others have said..feel free to tell us about Maggie. 10 years ...I'm certain you have a lot to share! And a new pup..a whole new chapter! :clap:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.