Hello from NJ! New to this forum and could use some advice!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The only thing i noticed on his face that could have been a bite was a small red mark on his lip. After he took the benadryl the hives seemed to go down, but this red spot remained. Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary that i've seen in the yard.

@elearn (Not sure if I did the tagging right) I live in northern NJ, Bergen county. Are you in this area?

:hiya: I'm so late here! But wanted to welcome you and Otis! You've gotten great help and I'm glad he is feeling better. I have wayyyy too much experience with my Jake eating all kinds of things! It always takes a couple weeks and he throws it up. What doesn't come out the front comes out the other end. we have learned to totally cut him off from ANYTHING he can eat when we are gone. AND we watch him closely when home. Good Luck and glad you found us!

Great job on the tagging..and you can also hit "reply with quote" and the person will be notified!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
wanted to say hello, its nice to meet you and Otis .... glad things are getting better (what a scary experience you had)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
The only thing i noticed on his face that could have been a bite was a small red mark on his lip. After he took the benadryl the hives seemed to go down, but this red spot remained. Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary that i've seen in the yard.

@elearn (Not sure if I did the tagging right) I live in northern NJ, Bergen county. Are you in this area?

also, i forgot to mention any new smells (like pesticides!). I notice Herman is very cautious at night on the lawn - he will barely move and always seems alert and listening LOL

Yes, I'm in Bergen county too!! In Westwood.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: you've already gotten good advice so I'm just chiming in from the welcome wagon. Hope Otis is back to normal soon!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hello and welcome to ebn and glad you got things straightened out for otis. :2thumbs:

OP
O

Otis113

Sep 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Thanks everyone! We had otis in the yard this afternoon. He went on the grass when I would run with him, but as soon as I stopped he would realize he was on the grass and run right back to our porch. It seems that it's just the yard grass because he will go on smaller patches of grass near the sidewalk. Hopefully, after a few more afternoons playing in the yard, he will forget about whatever scared him!

[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] I am in Fair Lawn, not too far from you!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there and :welcome3: to EBN. Sounds like poor Otis has has a rough time recently. Poor guy. Wilson has itchy feet at times after being on the grass but it's usually after it's been mowed. When they really seem to bother him I put him in the bathtub and wash his feet. That's strange that he's afraid of the grass though, something seems to have scared him. Does he just scared in a particular area?

Glad you found EBN! :2thumbs:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Late to the show as well, just wanted to say :smileywelcome: [MENTION=6238]Otis113[/MENTION] my wife and I live in the area as well

OP
O

Otis113

Sep 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Thank you everyone! Im glad I found ebn as well, everyone has been very helpful! Otis seems to be feeling better, no hives yesterday or today, bowels seem back on track and he is going on the grass in the yard more! Still not exactly sure what caused the hives but I'm very glad there gone :clap2:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is great news!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone! Im glad I found ebn as well, everyone has been very helpful! Otis seems to be feeling better, no hives yesterday or today, bowels seem back on track and he is going on the grass in the yard more! Still not exactly sure what caused the hives but I'm very glad there gone :clap2:

So good to hear he is getting better.... keep us posted after you get him back on his food

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well first of all :welcome: and I'm sorry you've had to go through this. Bullies become our children so quickly and we get so worried about them!!!!

The only other thing I can just throw out there for consideration is to also look at the protein source fo any food you give him. I know he's still young but it seems SO many bullies have allergies to chicken. So I know you mentioned the bland diet being chicken and rice, it just made me wonder if that pure chicken was too much. Like I said .......... just a thought!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I'm late but wanted to Welcome you! Glad you joined us and hope your guy feels better! I am from Jersey also, I am in Union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.