wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
I have been lurking around the site for a few months and decided to post as me and my girlfriend have decided to get a bullie. There is a local breeder (Yankee Bulldog) 30 minutes from my house in S. E. Mass and they are going to attempt a breeding in late Sept and if the breeding is successful we can put a deposit down on one of the new puppies. We have heard horror stories of buying bulldogs online and other scams, so we feel good that the breeder is down the road and we can also go visit the home once the pupies have had thier shots to see where they are living and how the dogs are being treated. The breeder also gave us a vet reference that I am going to check out in person to ensure it's not some random person on the other end of the phone sayin their a vet. Hopefully if all goes well we will have a new addition to our home sometime in January. So I'm sure i'll be on here a lot more now and come January will be asking a ton of noob questions.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I'm soooo glad you are doing your research on the breeder and about Bullies before going into this blinded!!! What great parents to this baby you will be!

Oh, and welcome to this wonderful site! We were all new to owning bullies once... so ask questions!!! (Oh, and be sure to keep us abreast of the puppy situation)!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! You are definately taking the right steps, I know for many puppy buyers patience is very difficult, or they don't have a breeder down the road. Hopefully it will all work out. I am glad you decided to quit lurking, and please feel free to post any questions you have. Going to their vet is a great idea. :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes I agree you are going about it the right way, good job! Welcome also by the way. ;) Most people dont realize if they want a good, healthy bully they have to wait for one, I certainly didnt. Congrats to you and we will be waiting almost as impatiently as you for this new pup to come. Please ask any and all questions you may have and share with us the details of the puppy as you get them. :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Welcome wfd38383,

The waiting is rough, but hopefully it builds character, or something :) I'm also going through the waiting period. Good job doing your homework.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome to the site! Definitely glad to hear you are researching the breed and a good breeder. They are very unique dogs and its definitely wise to know what you are getting into before getting one!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome! I hope you get the puppy of your dreams!

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
thank you guys and girls for the warm welcome here on this board. I am having the GF read more about bulldogs so she can know what she is gettin into. I have had dogs my whole life(unfortunately not a bullie), pure bred german shepard, golden retriever and three or four other muts, but she has never had a dog so i'm trying to prepare her for what she is in for

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She is going to be getting the new love of her life :heart:. (besides you-of course:))

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Haha - a bulldog was my starter dog too. I had NO idea! Good luck and welcome!

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
just waiting for the dog to go into heat, and hopefully the breeding takes and we will know 5 weeks after that

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
got some good news....email from the breeder said that one bulldog started coming into heat yesterday and it wasn't the one that was planned breeding, so it looks like when the planned dog comes into heat that she will be bred too...now we have two bulldogs and double the chances of a dog getting pregnant and having puppies...we;'ll know in about 5-6 weeks if they took and hopefully this is one step closer to bullie ownership come January

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh you two are in for sooooo much fun! I have two Bully pups who just turned 4 months old and they are WONDERFUL!! I've never had a Bully and I'm so grateful for this great site. Welcome, glad you found it too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.