Likes (Received)

Default Re: Greetings from Tallahassee!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN. Great intro! We're glad you joined and hope you will become an active member of this great site. We learn from each other and have a bit of fun along the way.....OK,, we fool around a lot and learn a little.. Thanx so much for joining and look forward to many more pix and posts.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Wow sounds like you have quite a crew over there, to EBN

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Danielle's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herschel and Fiona
    Likes (Received)

Hello! I live just outside Tallahassee in Quincy with my bully, Herschel.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Cool! I know Quincy a bit. At least I now where it is. LOL If you ever bring Herschel to Tally, let me know. I'd love to meet him and you. I live close to Governors Square Mall.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

............. ok, and so I have to ask!! What is a shortybull????

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN Linda!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Cool Re: Greetings from Tallahassee!

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    ............. ok, and so I have to ask!! What is a shortybull????

Now you've done it and asked. You're going to know more than you wanted to. LOL

A Shortybull is one of the newer breeds of Bullys. It's been around for 10 years or so. My Zoltan is 5 and is Foundation stock. It is a blend of English, French and several other types of bulldogs. No Pit, no Pug and no Boston. Bulldogs only. They have been bred to HEALTHY, family friendly and athletic. The breed standard has them weighing between 20 and 40 pounds and topping out at 15 inches at the withers. They have been designed to work in almost any kind of home be it farm, suburban or a small apartment.

They are NOT bred to be couch potatoes and can be very active for a bulldog. Shortys participate in Protection Sports, Weight Pull, Iron Dog, Hang Time, Canine Body Building and all sorts of bulldog type or competitions. In fact, this coming weekend there is a major confirmation show and and all bully types competition which will include all of the above listed activities plus a three or four mile natural obstacle course over incredibly rough terrain (I've seen a video of the course). Oh and Bully Pile Bingo will be played. $20.00 bucks a ticket and The prize is $550.00. The piles are what you'd expect.

Shortybull is a trademarked name to prevent just anyone breeding anything to be a mini-bull from using that name. Having an open breed name is what has made Olde English Bulldogges so inconsistent. Shortys are very consistent because of the forethought of the breed founders Jamie Sweet (Blue River Shortybulls) and Amy Krogman (Blue Rock Shortybulls), both of whom live in Kansas.

To be a Shortybull the dog and it's whole line must be registered or registrable with the Bull Breed Coalition (BBC - Jamie Sweet, breed founder) or the Bully Breeds Coalition Registry (BBCR - Amy Krogman, breed founder) . They may also be registered with the American Bully Kennel Club (ABKC) providing they have their BBC or BBCR papers first. There may be other alternative bully registries that will recognize their BBC / BBCR papers as well but the ABKC is officially recognized by both primary registries and actually has a Shorty Class at their shows in areas where Shortys abound. It is not unusual for a Shorty to win Best of Show at those shows either. All the above listed organizations have open Facebook groups if you're interested in seeing what that world is all about.

You will find Shortys around the world, literally. They are recognized and shown in Europe as well as the US and there are some in Asia, South America and the Pacific Islands as well that I know of off hand. There are a huge number of them in Hawaii.

Here's a picture of Blue River's Heff of Hard Knock Bullies. Heff is considered THE poster child for Shortys and is 7 years old.

-blue-rivers-heff-hkb-7-jpg

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    Now you've done it and asked. You're going to know more than you wanted to. LOL

A Shortybull is one of the newer breeds of Bullys. It's been around for 10 years or so. My Zoltan is 5 and is Foundation stock. It is a blend of English, French and several other types of bulldogs. No Pit, no Pug and no Boston. Bulldogs only. They have been bred to HEALTHY, family friendly and athletic. The breed standard has them weighing between 20 and 40 pounds and topping out at 15 inches at the withers. They have been designed to work in almost any kind of home be it farm, suburban or a small apartment.

They are NOT bred to be couch potatoes and can be very active for a bulldog. Shortys participate in Protection Sports, Weight Pull, Iron Dog, Hang Time, Canine Body Building and all sorts of bulldog type or competitions. In fact, this coming weekend there is a major confirmation show and and all bully types competition which will include all of the above listed activities plus a three or four mile natural obstacle course over incredibly rough terrain (I've seen a video of the course). Oh and Bully Pile Bingo will be played. $20.00 bucks a ticket and The prize is $550.00. The piles are what you'd expect.

Shortybull is a trademarked name to prevent just anyone breeding anything to be a mini-bull from using that name. Having an open breed name is what has made Olde English Bulldogges so inconsistent. Shortys are very consistent because of the forethought of the breed founders Jamie Sweet (Blue River Shortybulls) and Amy Krogman (Blue Rock Shortybulls), both of whom live in Kansas.

To be a Shortybull the dog and it's whole line must be registered or registrable with the Bull Breed Coalition (BBC - Jamie Sweet, breed founder) or the Bully Breeds Coalition Registry (BBCR - Amy Krogman, breed founder) . They may also be registered with the American Bully Kennel Club (ABKC) providing they have their BBC or BBCR papers first. There may be other alternative bully registries that will recognize their BBC / BBCR papers as well but the ABKC is officially recognized by both primary registries and actually has a Shorty Class at their shows in areas where Shortys abound. It is not unusual for a Shorty to win Best of Show at those shows either. All the above listed organizations have open Facebook groups if you're interested in seeing what that world is all about.

You will find Shortys around the world, literally. They are recognized and shown in Europe as well as the US and there are some in Asia, South America and the Pacific Islands as well that I know of off hand. There are a huge number of them in Hawaii.

Here's a picture of Blue River's Heff of Hard Knock Bullies. Heff is considered THE poster child for Shortys and is 7 years old.

-blue-rivers-heff-hkb-7-jpg
    Interesting ... I'd truly never heard of shorty bullies before!!! Heff is a very handsome little man!!!

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hello Linda love the pictures of your bullie babies!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads