Hello From Minnesota

Belday

Sep 20, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie May
Hello everyone,

I have been reading information on this website since the day after Maggie joined our pack. Here is our story...

Over the past few years I have opened my door,pocket book and heart to several different animals. Most of these animals that come into my world I am able to find good loving homes for. However, two of them that will never leave my home for another are a Boston Terrier named Penny and a Pit/Lab named Leona. Both are rescue dogs and well past the puppy stage.

A friend of mine called me up and asked if I would take her 6 month old, Old English Bulldog (Maggie) since she underestimated this dogs needs and could no longer care for her. She mentioned how terrible she felt because only on occasion (maybe for four hours), this dog was able to be out but mostly only left her crate to potty and eat. Not wanting the "puppy stage" again, I decided I would take this dog and find a good home for her. Me and my two fur babies were well adjusted and we sure didn't need a hyper addition to our pack.

So, I open up my front door to see a slobbering, wiggly mess of misbehaving bulldog! This dog had not had any structure,discipline or even general care. I forgot to mention "stinky" in the above description. 2.5 weeks later (tonight) I am sitting here writing this and shaking my head while chuckling. Maggie now has a beautiful coat, a place on the king size memory foam bed and a place within our pack. She is hyper, most of the time misbehaving and is working on finding herself with her new fur sisters.

Anyway, thank you for reading....

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: To your whole fur family, can't wait to see pics of all of them! We have a motto around here so you might as well be introduced to it now :pics:. And thanks for sharing!

OP
Belday

Belday

Sep 20, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie May
Alright! Pictures are in!

Attachments

• 20120826_115019.jpg
    20120826_115019.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 2011-11-16_11-29-50_706.jpg
    2011-11-16_11-29-50_706.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20120903_115923-2.jpg
    20120903_115923-2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 99

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. Glad you are here and :bravo: for opening your home and your heart to those in need. Maggie Mae looks like a real sweetheart and I'm sure she brings a smile to your face on a daily basis..... it's what bullies do best. Thanx for joining. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a lovely pack!! I loved reading your story!! I hope you continue to post her progress. So, does this mean she found her forever home? ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:clap: your Family is gorgeous! I have a sneaky feeling that beeeeeeutiful Maggie has found her special place in your heart. Only takes a little bit to see how special they are. :bravo: for rescuing your sweet babies!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome and loved the pics of your beautiful babies, thanks for sharing your story and bless you for rescuing.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: :noob: Glad you joined us :2thumbs: Thank you for taking Maggie into your pack and showing her what good life is :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a GREAT story..... thank you for continuing to open you home, purse and HEART to such a sweet girl!! You have a beautiful pack to match your heart!!

OP
Belday

Belday

Sep 20, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie May
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the kind words! I would like to make a correction regarding my original post. The sentence that reads, "two of them that will never leave", should read, " the three that will never leave my home." Because Maggie has indeed found her forever home. Yes, she is a permenent part of our pack.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the kind words! I would like to make a correction regarding my original post. The sentence that reads, "two of them that will never leave", should read, " the three that will never leave my home." Because Maggie has indeed found her forever home. Yes, she is a permenent part of our pack.

:clap2: Hooray!

L

Lucy-licious

How could she not win a place in your heart and home :love:

Your whole fur family is beautiful and :bravo: for taking in so many critters and showing them love.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.