bubs0604

Sep 9, 2012
fairfield ca
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Armstrong
Hello all,

This seems like a supportive groups of families who love their dogs and not just any dogs but out Bulldogs!! I have been the proud mommy of Armstrong since he was 8 weeks old and I met him when he was 6 weeks old. He has brought so much fun, loyalty, companionship and last but not least WORRY to my life. I worry because he has an inverted tail and that is mainly why I joined this website. Since this is just an introductory I will access other forums to see what others have to say. I look forward to learning more about how to help my main man. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN..... lots to learn and fun to be had!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: I can think of a member, [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] , who has experience with this.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yes...Vegas had an inverted tail that was a tiny tiny nub on the outside, but the pocket was tight and inaccessible to me. The dr said the pocket went deeper than his 2nd knuckle, and suggested I close the pocket. I tried to keep it clean, but baby Vegas was miserable with the itching, so I had the dr close the pocket. This is a very very disgusting surgery, but I'm so glad I did it. I regretted it at first....but Vegas is so much happier now. And that to me, is what counts. Unfortunately, closing the pocket means amputating most of the tail vertebrae. Vegas has very little left...and basically is tailless. Luckily he has a cute bottom! This is a surgery that is (in my opinion) a last resort. The surgeon is messing with the vertebrae...if the surgeon is inexperienced or messes up, it could have long term (negative) effects. Lucky for us, the surgeon was experienced and Vegas is fine. If you choose an option like this, please research your vets and get one that knows bulldogs and has experience in this type of surgery.

Oh...and welcome to the forum. I hope we will be able to help you thru this! :hiya:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there and :welcome: to ebn. he is a handsome boy. im glad you found this site as there is alot of info to be found here. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.