Hello fellow bulldog owners =)

gbedore1

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
her name was gia
hello to all my fellow beautiful bulldog lovers and owners =)

well start off my name is gregg currently living in staten island ny .i have owned my beautiful bulldog gia for 7 yrs untill 2 months ago when i had to put her down due to finding out she had cancer =( sad to say she had a really horrible reaction to the chemo and had several brain seizures less then 48 hrs after she had her 1st chemo session . and since then it took me a long crying and painful 4 hrs for me to decide it was best to put her down and not let her suffer anymore =( . to this day i miss her every min that passes i do have her ashes with me so i know she will be with me all the time no matter what =). i rescued her from a store in my local mall which i visited every day on my lunch break to play with her and one worker there knew i wanted her so bad but i refuse to pay money for animals unless it is an adoption fee all my animals i owned and own now are either found on the streets or adopted . so she had the vet check her out n was not fit for sale n called me the next morning to give her to me and from that day on i was the happiest man in the world and loved every moment with her.
right now i am currently looking to adopt a bulldog male or female but kinda prefer a male but due to vets bills over 8k that i am still paying off from gia i am not able to afford these crazy $600 and up fee's people are asking =(. so i am currently looking for a family who is not able to take care of or is relocating any for whatever reason is not able to keep the dog anymore i can pay a small fee if they ask but nothing crazy as you may know . i currently own 3 beautiful cats all male that got alone with gia extremely well due to they were raised with her when since she was 2 months old and they were still kinda kittens . so kinda need the bulldog to be well with other animals .i dont mind a special needs pup at all hence i know they have their problems and i am fully capable of taking care of them . my mother raised me to be an animal lover so money is no object to keeping them healthy to me =) age wise well 3yrs old or lil older is ok with me since i have my cats i would like to get use to the pup plus i have my two nieces who love animals as well and still are very heart broken from the loss of gia .
so please keep me in mind if anyone has any information about anyone who is giving away or has a small fee for a bulldog i can provide references from friends family vets i can show u picture of gia and can show u all her paper work from the vets or akc and birth cert.
again i thank bulldog news for accepting me to this wonderful site and all of you bulldog owners as well .
my name is gregg bedore and i can be contacted ny email @ [email protected] or my cell 917-932-4348 you can text or call anytime day or night and i will get back asap .
thank you again =) 3771_98169125241_5452292_n.jpg292396_10151191685730242_1326596719_n.jpg521561_10151043696335242_1201720790_n.jpg:crying:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I wrote on your profile that I too lost a special dog (Rottie) to cancer. It's devastating to not bee able to help them. After all, their love is so unconditional. Sigh...I'm very sorry you lost Gia and I hope you feel free to post a proper memorial to her inour Bulldog Memorial Forum..pictures too! We do have several members who can give you some tips as to Rescueing. I hope you find a wonderful Buddy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome... so sorry for your loss and I can truly relate, as I lost my sweet boy of 7 years almost a year ago (10/11/11).

There are many here that can provide some insight to the rescues and the process. As horrible as this may sound, you can check craigslist as many owner use it to rehomes when they have to give up for sudden reasons, however be careful as there are scams and some breeders using the site as well.

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hello there! I am very sorry to hear about your girl Gia. I will be able to help you find a rescue. I live in NJ Im about 15 mins from Staten Island as our vet is there. There are 3-4 Rescues we can try to see if there is a bullie that would be a good match for you. Most rescues do have adoption fees that range. Its usually between 300-700 dollars for fee. I would suggest going through the resuces MidAtlantic, HeavenSent, Long Island and there are others that may adopt out of state. Most rescues keep their bullies within a certain distance b/c there are home checks. Use this link to take a look at our rescues and if you need anything at all please shoot me a message :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/available-english-bulldogs-adoption/

you could look around craigslist but just beware of scams.

OP
G

gbedore1

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
her name was gia
to jakeisgreat and 2bullymama i am very sorry for both of ur special losses and yes it is very hard bc they are such loveable dogs and i thank u both for your kind words =) and also for your helpful info i have been looking at a lot of rescues and craigs list and other sites i have found but like i said its hard for me since im still paying off the big vet bill i have so spending that kinda money is a lil hard for me right now i even have my neighbors who have dogs trying to help me find a bulldog lol and to http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/member.php?u=4246chanelnbrutus i greatly appreciate it if you would be able to help me out and yes i have heard of those rescues and i have contacted heavensent and was told to fill out an application and then would have to wait and possibly pay $800 adoption fee and what not and to me thats more then i ca afford right now and i think thats alot of money bc i would just spend the rest of the money and buy a new puppy lol and from what i remember adoption fees use to be what u felt was a generous giving towards the shelter or rescue but guess things have changed now lol i do know they are no profit shelters n all but that is still a lot of money i was extremely lucky to get my baby for free and all and i know what they cost retail and are no where cheap lol. but i will keep on searching all the time to try to find one and i would rele appreciate your help here is any contact info u may need from me email is [email protected] and cell is 917-932-4348 again name is gregg and i ty all for your warm welcome and love and sorrows =)

OP
G

gbedore1

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
her name was gia
and forgive me all as im still getting use to the site lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
to jakeisgreat and 2bullymama i am very sorry for both of ur special losses and yes it is very hard bc they are such loveable dogs and i thank u both for your kind words =) and also for your helpful info i have been looking at a lot of rescues and craigs list and other sites i have found but like i said its hard for me since im still paying off the big vet bill i have so spending that kinda money is a lil hard for me right now i even have my neighbors who have dogs trying to help me find a bulldog lol and to http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/member.php?u=4246chanelnbrutus i greatly appreciate it if you would be able to help me out and yes i have heard of those rescues and i have contacted heavensent and was told to fill out an application and then would have to wait and possibly pay $800 adoption fee and what not and to me thats more then i ca afford right now and i think thats alot of money bc i would just spend the rest of the money and buy a new puppy lol and from what i remember adoption fees use to be what u felt was a generous giving towards the shelter or rescue but guess things have changed now lol i do know they are no profit shelters n all but that is still a lot of money i was extremely lucky to get my baby for free and all and i know what they cost retail and are no where cheap lol. but i will keep on searching all the time to try to find one and i would rele appreciate your help here is any contact info u may need from me email is [email protected] and cell is 917-932-4348 again name is gregg and i ty all for your warm welcome and love and sorrows =)

I understand having large vet bills to pay! We are currently paying off Emeergency surgery a couple months ago....I will look around and see what I can do...I hope you stick around and post while you wait for your next companion. I will send you a private message with my information and well see what we can do :)

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Hi Gregg and welcome! So sorry for your loss. Gia was a pretty girl! I will keep my eyes and ears open - I'm about 45 minutes - 1 hour from Staten Island, I live in NJ. I am originally from SI, some of my family is still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Sorry for your loss- it is very heartwrenching having to make the decision to give your pet the rest and peace they deserve when all other options are gone .I hope you find another bulldog to love and share your heart with as you did with Gia .GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHO RESCUES

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and good luck on your quest to find another bully. Rescues spend a lot of money on some of these bullies trying to get them back in shape and that's why they sometimes have a large adoption fee. Most of the time the adoption fee doesn't even come close to what they may have in the bully. Keep looking, sometimes you can find one with a $300.00 or $400.00 re-homing fee.

OP
G

gbedore1

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
her name was gia
ya those vet bill hurt lol but its like they see u have a bulldog and charge u top dollar no matta what lol and yes i will be sticking around here snooping round looking a new pup =)

OP
G

gbedore1

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
her name was gia
ty chunksmama i do appreciate =) and i love the bow tie on ur pup lol

OP
G

gbedore1

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
her name was gia
thank you all for such a loving welcome to this site such kind sweet beautiful people on here just like there bulldogs =)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
ty chunksmama i do appreciate =) and i love the bow tie on ur pup lol

Just a tip! To get someone's attention so they read you're post either put [MENTION=6033]gbedore1[/MENTION] or hit "reply with quote! That way you can let them know you are responding to them! Good Luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.