Hello All, prospective owner

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Hello everyone,

New to bulldogs, but not dogs in general. We've have/had Bullmastiffs (got bulldog in them :2thumbs:), English Mastiff, Rotties & Mutts. They have all been rescue dogs and we have been very grateful for each one of them. I am now on a mission to learn what I can to make a choice on getting an English Bulldog. My fiance and I along with our pack have met a fantastic EBD at the dog park and they all have a blast playing with each other.

I've spent a few weeks searching for information on the internet about the EBD breed because I want not only what is best for us, but more importantly what is best for the doggies. I've been lurking here for the last couple of days and very happy that there is so much information in one location. Of course I'm in information overload right now, but trying to learn so that we can make an informed decision on not only getting a EBD, but also the caring for them if we do get one and having them enjoy life in our current family structure.

My fiance has given explicit instructions that I am not to bring home another dog unless its a bulldog. Thus, my learning adventure began.

I have had the pleasure of talking with DesertSky and getting her take on some of my thousands of questions. While reading some of the post here and seeing the pics and vids have me sure that we are ready to take the plunge others have me taking two-steps back. While I hate to go into the section about this breeds health I know its a must do.

Sorry for getting long winded, I tend to do that from time to time. Please feel free to shoot me any questions or comments as I'm sure I will be pestering plenty of you folks.

Thanks!!

Hi Welcome!!!!! [:
Bulldogs are amazing.
I have owned my bulldog since June but he officially came home with me and my husband 2 weeks ago and I can't get enough of him. This is such a funny and loving breed!
I guarantee you wouldn't regret adding a bulldog to your family, rescued or puppy.
Mine is a puppy, barely 3 1/2 and I love him so much.
Despite the extra care, the health problems (with some), and everything else that goes into owning a bulldog, they are 1,000% worth it and more!!
[: I hope you end up buying another fur baby! If so post pictures!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Hi Desertbum, I went all the way to your fine city to pick up my beautiful Bertha BAcon, the fminine delicate flower she is!! Welcome to EBN and soon o hte wonderful world of bulldogs!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: and I can't say much more than what has already been said .... so glad you found us!! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.