Hello bully lovers - new member that urgently needs help

georgiegirl

Apr 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
georgie
My husband and I rehomed a beautiful 4 yr engish bulldog named Georgie about 6 months ago. She was with her previous owner since she was a pup and when we got her, she was quite overweight. When we got her we immediately noticed she was not socialized very well but assumed this would change as she got used to her new family. Since then, we have changed her diet which helped her lose weight and taken her camping, daily dog park walks and had her a part of our family routine. She is a wonderfully low maintenance dog EXCEPT for one thing. She randomly lunges at people and snarls and tries to bite. We had tried correcting this and she still randomly does this. We have 3 children at home and we have tried to avoid having to rehome her as we all love her very much and it is devestating to lose her. Her previous owner was not forthcoming with this information. This weekend we had an incident where Georgie bit a little girl in the face (our daughters friend on our property) and we have no option but to rehome her or have her put down. If there is someone out there that can offer some assistance or has a new forever home we would appreciate hearing from you. We have tried looking around this site but are not sure where to post this so I hope we have done nothing wrong. We are in Vernon, British Columbia.
Thanks,
Geogies mum and dad

Attachments

• georgie5.jpg
    georgie5.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 140

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh no! This is so distressing. We have numerous members who work with rescues..although I think most are in the U.S. let me get a couple here..[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
OMG I'm so sorry to hear this. Is the little girl ok? Yes, if you have children of your own, re homing would be best, you are in a very tough situation hun, I'm so sorry for this.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I didn't want to leave this just floating around so I am bumping it in hopes that someone can talk with you about this. We also have another member who has this issue with one of hers and I believe he has gone to someone who is trying to rehab him. I think it is [MENTION=3247]Aldo4ever[/MENTION]?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I put a message in to find out if there is a nearby rescue, hope we can help.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am just seeing this now! Sorry you are going through this...I will send some messages and see what I can do :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Cascade bulldogs works with British Columbia, I think. They are in Seattle WA (or around there). Yes [MENTION=3247]Aldo4ever[/MENTION] has Aldo working with a trainer her in Wa as well. I will also add Libra926 and [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] since they live in W. WA

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so sorry for Georgie and you and your family, but you can't have a dog that bites kids when you have kids. Please don't give up on the breed. I have had all male Bulldogs and all 6 of them loved, worshiped kids!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
alot of the right people have responded and already in motion to help you.... please keep with us, we will do what we can to help.

In the meantime, keep Georgie separated when there is too much energy in the room/house. Let her be able to see every one, but use baby gates to keep her from getting overly excited and being able to lung at your children.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I sincerely hope you find a solution soon. Thanx for joining.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
It sounds like Georgie feels threatened for some reason --- and is reacting to that fear. While you cannot have a dog who bites children around a bunch of kids, in the meantime, practice Cesar Millan's "NO TOUCH, NO TALK, NO EYE CONTACT" with ALL the humans around her --- so she doesn't feel the need to react. Since it doesn't sound like you are not interested in rehabilitation, finding an appropriate home for her is the best solution and rescue works very hard to do just that.

Cascade Bulldog Rescue and Rehome does operate in British Columbia too. I would email them via their website and look to them for assistance. They have a very active Facebook page also.

Good luck.

Poor Georgie. It's not her fault.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I keep checking back hoping to see an update that Georgie has found some help. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.