This Forum is the Best! Great Help in a Hurry.

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
Hi, my name is Randy from Texas. My wife Jeanette and I decided to purchase an English Bulldog after our Boxer of 13 years passed about 3 months ago. Our 8 yr old daughter wanted a puppy so we went looking and I "convinced" her to get a bully. Really, though it wasn't that hard when she realized that they were the dogs that didn't yap all night, go crazy all day long, and were best with children. She has always been afraid of puppies because they may scratch or bite her. Toby was the best we could have hoped for, until a few days later when he got sick. We had a rough month of ups and downs with him but the worst was a few weeks ago when I found this forum and was promptly helped by many of you wonderful people on this forum. Toby is now happy, playful and congestion free. We still aren't sure what caused some of his issues or what exactly he is allergic to but we are staying away from wheat and peanut butter as of now. We may try and introduce peanut butter back to him but no reason to go with the wheat when there are plenty of options out there. Plus it gives us a good excuse for Petsmart/Petco wanting to give him treats.

We also have a Collie mix that is about 15 we guess (she was a rescue when my wife used to volunteer at the animal shelter). They don't get along well unfortunately. He wants to play and jump on her and she is old and fragile and wants to just be left alone. Not much we can do there. They are cordial for the most part until he is in a playful mood then we have to take turns putting the other one up for awhile, :)

Nice to be here and I hope to return the favor soon.

Randy, Jeanette, Toby and Family

Last edited by a moderator:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:happydance: Randy..you re the nicest guy! I'm just very happy you found us and we were able to give you some help. We all learn from each other and like the saying goes.."It takes a Village To Raise A Bully!". :ROFL: or something like that! I'm very relieved to hear Toby is doing so much better. You've done great ..and talk bout a crash course! Good job on getting him on a good food. You know frozen green beans make a great no calorie treat! Don't thaw them out..just give him a handful! Glad you found us! :clap:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
You know frozen green beans make a great no calorie treat! Don't thaw them out..just give him a handful!

Unless you're Bea in which case you can spot a green bean fragment, regardless of how it's disguised, and you eject that green poison like pellets from BB Gun.

[MENTION=5775]TobyGiant[/MENTION] - Welcome! You have wisdom to share already!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
:welcome: This really is the best place for any info and help you may need! I know I will be forever grateful I found all this great people!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Glad to hear Toby is doing much better. Funny how a proper diet can affect so many different things in these crazy bullies. ;)

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Hi, my name is Randy from Texas. My wife Jeanette and I decided to purchase an English Bulldog after our Boxer of 13 years past about 3 months ago. Our 8 yr old daughter wanted a puppy so we went looking and I "convinced" her to get a bully. Really, though it wasn't that hard when she realized that they were the dogs that didn't yap all night, go crazy all day long, and were best with children. She has always been afraid of puppies because they may scratch or bite her. Toby was the best we could have hoped for, until a few days later when he got sick. We had a rough month of ups and downs with him but the worst was a few weeks ago when I found this forum and was promptly helped by many of you wonderful people on this forum. Toby is now happy, playful and congestion free. We still aren't sure what caused some of his issues or what exactly he is allergic to but we are staying away from wheat and peanut butter as of now. We may try and introduce peanut butter back to him but no reason to go with the wheat when there are plenty of options out there. Plus it gives us a good excuse for Petsmart/Petco wanting to give him treats.

We also have a Collie mix that is about 15 we guess (she was a rescue when my wife used to volunteer at the animal shelter). They don't get along well unfortunately. He wants to play and jump on her and she is old and fragile and wants to just be left alone. Not much we can do there. They are cordial for the most part until he is in a playful mood then we have to take turns putting the other one up for awhile, :)

Nice to be here and I hope to return the favor soon.

Randy, Jeanette, Toby and Family

Perhaps you should consider becoming a 4 Paw Member and help support the daily operating cost of such a great site.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/payments.php

Oh man I am such a marketer!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome Randy and fam! Helpful, eh? We've never been called that before. Crazy, loonies and the occasional pains in the butt, yes, but not helpful. :crazy: :p

So glad Toby's doing better!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:happydance: Randy..you re the nicest guy! I'm just very happy you found us and we were able to give you some help. We all learn from each other and like the saying goes.."It takes a Village To Raise A Bully!". :ROFL: or something like that! I'm very relieved to hear Toby is doing so much better. You've done great ..and talk bout a crash course! Good job on getting him on a good food. You know frozen green beans make a great no calorie treat! Don't thaw them out..just give him a handful! Glad you found us! :clap:

HRH wanted you to know she hates frozen green beans, spits em right out. But she Loves cooked warm ones!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:hmm: If you had to pull strings of your beautiful chenille pillowsham out of his A**...I'm pretty sure you'd see where his rep comes from!! AND on a walk..in PUBLIC!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

:oops: This response should be on the current Poll!:walk: :rofl:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy we were able to help you get Toby on a healthy path.....

Most Reactions