Hallo from Da Foxy Miz Roxy and her new Dad and Momma!

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
Hi there,

Found the board kinda by accident today looking for funny bulldog videos and things online.

My EBD, Hoss, passed away about a month ago at the ripe old age of 11. He was rescued from an abusive situation and lived out his life in a happy home with a momma and dad that loved him very much. When he passed on, I was heartbroken... and having just started a new job after a lay off I didn't think I'd be able to even afford to adopt another bulldog for a really long time.

Well, I was mistaken. Perusing Craigslist I happened upon an ad for a 2 year old English Bull about two hours from where I live. The ad had literally been posted minutes before I saw it, so I called the person right away and found that the current owner had gotten the dog as something of a "gift" from his father who had rescued her from a puppy mill. Unfortunately, he was about to be deployed to Afghanistan, and was not going to be able to keep her. He had only had her for four months. He warned me that she was still a little underweight and that she had a thyroid condition and was missing some patches of hair, but was on medication. Hoss had had a ton of allergies and a thyroid issue, so I was used to dealing with such things. I arranged to meet Miz Roxy later that week.

Well, nothing prepared me for what I saw.

Roxy was not only underweight, she was almost emaciated. She had been on Pedigree food (YUCK!) and all her hair on one side was almost completely gone. You could see her spine, and see her ribs when she breathed. She was also wild on her leash, pulling and tugging and barking and lunging at cars. I was worried my boyfriend would think that she was going to be too much to handle but he told me to run to PetCo and get her some "real food" and toys and new bowls, and that we were taking her home.

It's now been about two weeks since Da Foxy Miz Roxy has joined our family and might I say she is turning into the perfect little lady. She is putting on some weight now and we are working with her car issues. She has learned to sit and it much better about walking properly on a leash right by our side. She is on medication for the thyroid issue and with skin soothing baths her coat is starting to look a little better already. Sadly, I don't think the last person to have her really wanted her at all, or the issues she has would have almost been cleared up by the time she came to us. Alot of progress can be made in 4 months! :mad:

She loves to play with her toys (We don't think she had anything of her own before, and LOVES her wooly stuffed squeeky man and her nubby fetch ball), is not even remotely aggressive, plays fetch like a pro and seems to have a ton of energy. We got her off the Pedigree and put her on Natural Balance Duck and Potato, but may change her to the Fromms after a while since we have heard such good things about it. Only the best for our girl!!!

Anyhow, that's the story of Da Foxy Miz Roxy. Looking forward to meeting fellow EBD-lovers!

OP
Raspberryswirl
Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
foxyroxy.jpg
Da Foxy Miz Roxy, luvva her mum and dad's lives!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! What a wonderful introduction! How can I say Thank You properly?? I'm so glad you found us..we love stories like this. You see..we often hear the truly heartwrenching ones..the ones where angels like you found these precious Bully's too late. Please keep posting her story and pictures as she learns what love is! You will love it here!! :bravo:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the sire and bless you for giving her a fur-ever home. She looks beautiful.

OP
Raspberryswirl
Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
We are just as lucky to have found Miz Rocks as she is to have found us, I think. We are what each other needed!

I have to find her a vet now, though. The guy who had her before has not returned my calls or texts, and he has not sent her vet paperwork and rabies tags as he said he would. It really makes me wonder if the puppy mill story was even true, or if he was the one that was the reason she was in the state she was in and got her the first round of meds to make it look like he wasn't. I'm highly suspicious of the whole situation. :( Regardless, I'm glad she is out of there. My boyfriend wasn't really a bulldog person till he met Rocks (He had no idea how awesome they are!!) but now he's really enamoured with her which I think is pretty awesome. They go for walks together and he is training her to be better with cars.

She does like to headbutt him with her toys in her mouth if she is in the mood for fetch, though!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ya..Craigslist seems to be a Liars List when it comes to animals. :cursing:

Whatever her past..her future is wonderful! We have a list of recommended vets..depending on where you live. Worth checking out!

OP
Raspberryswirl
Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
I will have to check it out. I am in RI right now, but MA is also OK for the right vet. We are actually going to be moving to Seattle as it turns out, as I just landed a pretty awesome job there. ;D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: and :bravo: to you both for saving this poor baby.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN... I'm glad to have you here... enjoy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GREAT job!!! Welcome to EBN and thank you so, so much for giving Mz Roxy such a wonderful chance at a new life!!

So sorry about the loss of you boy, but 11 is a great run.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:welcome: and what a relief that you got her out of that situation. Experienced bully owners are the best kind of rescuers so Miz Roxy is in the best hands now. Lots of people like Fromm and I recommend you getting her allergy tested that way you don't waste your money on trying different bags of expensive dog food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.