Hello evnerybody!! We're new to the site :)

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Hi All!!

We're new to the site and just wanted to introduce ourselves!! My na,e is Karen and I am a new bully owner of a 9 1/2 week owner o Francecsa "AKA "Frankie :) Saturday she will have been with us for 2 weeks and she is a ball of energy! I still am having trouble on my 2 pugs adjusting to her though so I hope that gets better... the vet said it will just take some time, but I thought they would have becaome buddies by now...

I am very excited I came across this site while looking for some information on Red Tear Stain's because her seem to be watering a lot. The vet had me put her on Distilled water so I am hoping that helps along with switching her food from what the breeder had her on. So any advice I would love :)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome to the forum Karen. Look forward to seeing pics of Frankie.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: So great you found us! I'm sure you'll find this place addicting! Lots of great info and wonderful people! Just yell out if you need anything at all! I'm sure the pugs will adjust soon. It helps Frankie is a little one..their noses might be out of joint for awhile..but honestly..Who can resist a Bully Pup for long?? :love:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:welcome3:Welcome, glad you found the site, if you have questions please fire away, then post pics of your puppy :-)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi Karen, and Welcome, as far as the tear stains go, it generally comes from the diet. A grain free food is best as sometimes the read may come from yeast. Also the red stain could come from environmental , or even eye lashed growing inside the lid. Important as finding out what is causing them is to keep them dry and from becoming raw. Some people use different things. Baby wipes, witch hazel, deuox pads. Apple cider vinegar . all of witch must be done regularly until the reason is found, If it environmental there's not much you can do, Benadryl works for drying up but doesn't really solve the problem, a good place to start is the food corner. It mostly can come from that. do a little research on this subject and you will find all kinds of things to apply. from a paste made from peroxide and baking soda to store bought items such as Angle Eyes.
If your puppy is squinting, it's probably eyelashes growing in the lid.

Hope this helps

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You have some good advise above, I just wanted to say welcome to the site.

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Thank you Sherry I just got her on the 18th and the Breeder had her on Eukanuba large breed puppy food, I have two pugs (1) with severe allergies so both of them are on Grain Free and Tho Honest Kitchen, but I wanted to wait a week before swichting he because all the stress being flown in and the new enviorment. But I now have her on Wellness Core Grain Free Puppy Food. and Distilled water. She came from Miami and I live in Missouri so my vet is going to recheck her when I take her back next week for her next shots. But otherwise shes SOOO healthy!! So a Benadryl may stop them from waterting?

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Welcome to the site, I'm new to. Everyone here is very nice and helpful, its just an awesome site for newbies like you and me!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: ...... to the wonderful world of bulldogs and EBN. Sherry has you covered on the tear stains.... Benedryl - you can give 1mg per pound twice a day

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:welcome3: Love her name :heart: I have a 3 year old and we battle allergies, and watery eyes all the time, Vegas's are environmental.

WestminsterAbbey

Aug 30, 2012
Columbus, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey and Oliver
My new Bully, Abbey, is almost the exact same age as Frankie! :) Frankie is so pretty!!

We are lucky, Abbey has a black mask so we don't have to worry about tear stains. But my ex's Boston used to get them a lot. I think he buys these wipes at the petstore that are supposed to remove them.

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Sorry all I am still trying to work my way around the site.. :)
They are very close in age Frankie, will be 10 weeks tomorrow!! How is your boxer getting along with Abbey? My pugs don't sem to be taking to her to well..yet. Ones 4 (Sophie) and ones 5 (Yoda). I think I am going to try the Angel Eyes, for the Tear Stains.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.