Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 17 of 17

Thread: New Bulldog Owners

  1. #13
    Newbie
    Posts
    3
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: New Bulldog Owners

    We are feeding her AvoDerm natural food. It is a chicken and rice mix. The hotspot started almost three weeks after being on that food. I suppose it still could be the culprit.

  2. #14
    Wrinkle Wiper gracoliv's Avatar
    Posts
    123
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: New Bulldog Owners

    I read this statement in a dog food allergy magazine article "70 percent of food allergies appear after the dog consumes the same food for over two years" ; so if thats true, the other 30 percent can appear anytime up to 2 years.

  3. #15
    Newbie
    Posts
    3
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: New Bulldog Owners

    Wow! That is a little disconcerting! Thanks for the information.

  4. #16
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Sybil76's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sylvia
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    670
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tess & Rocky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Welcome🌸to your family and Sophie🐶!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #17
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: New Bulldog Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieGeer View Post
    We are feeding her AvoDerm natural food. It is a chicken and rice mix. The hotspot started almost three weeks after being on that food. I suppose it still could be the culprit.
    First of all welcome, and we would all love to know the story as to how you and Sophie found each other ...of course accompanied with LOTS of pics!!

    As for the food .... there are MANY MANY bulldogs with an allergy to chicken. And about three weeks on a food would give the food time to get it into her system. See how she does on it, but if you think her wrinkles are getting a little more red, eyes watering a bit more, any yeasty look or smell around her face, ears and tail pocket .. then I would say you have the very common chicken allergy and you might want to consider switching her food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •